Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Question regarding light installs

Old 01-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Question regarding light installs

Ok. First off, I'm super excited as I have almost all my components ready for install. Just waiting on my Pelfreybilt bumper.

Got rigid d'2s and an sr20 sitting in boxes. Opened up to read the installation process and it is a simple flow chart...... Looks easy...... Too easy.

I also have Hellas behind my grill. Will it be an easy task to have them all wired to the current stock fog switch. I want the two d2's, sr20 and two Hellas to all come on at the same time....... BOOM. Going to be awsome heading up for night skiing.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No problem at all.

Follow the install instructions exactly, with one exception: eliminate the switch and two of the three wires going to it. Retain the one wire that was running from the switch to the relay and attach it to the positive wire leading into one of your factory fog lights.

Note that I am assuming both of your light kits come with a relay. If that's not the case then you need to add one. The factory fog light circuit won't take the full load of additional lights, but triggering a relay or two isn't a problem.

Also note that the factory fogs only come on with the low beams. Search "fog lights anytime mod" for a solution to that if desired..