1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foglight mod poll

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Vincent, Mar 23, 2009.

?

Which type of fog light and method should i go with?

1. Slim fog lights..mount them and i'm done?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Round fog lights..dremel a hole and have it sit flush?

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Round fog lights..just mount them and have them stick out of the valence?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    Vincent

Vincent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    my mod is to get some round or slim lights from either pepboys, autozone, or walmart and just switch out the bulbs to HID. Im going with 3k yellows, this will cost me $80.

with the slim lights, i'm looking to just put them into the space that the valence gives me and mount them to the frame. and that's it.

with the round lights, im looking to take out the valence, and dremel up a hole so that the lights sit flush with the valence.

SLIM lights option 1)
    29gnzg5_80b326147dcfa2ea5c364ef5e04716e7c03d09a9.jpg

round lights option 2)
    2akjyom_8cad3fa2a9045c35bc483cba79d97ca843e14bfa.jpg

2. Mar 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Slim fogs will look cooler in the end but round fogs will actually help you out wherever you turn them on. Function always outweighs "cool factor" to me.

3. Mar 24, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    Vincent

Vincent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    I've never seen anybody cut their valence and had their fog lights put in, so im going to go that route. i saw these black chrome Navigator fogs at pep Boys, they are going to run me about 50.. i've been searching for a pic, but no luck

Products Discussed in

To Top