Notices

Projectors or PNP for fog retro

Old 02-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
NickM is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Nick
NickM's Tacoma Gallery
Projectors or PNP for fog retro

Hey guys. I was wondering, does anyone have HID's in their fogs? Curious is projectors are worthwhile for fogs or if PNP is fine.

I know the legality of things. Not saying i'm biting off on it. Ive battled myself quite a bit on install of headlights. I made the thread about some new halogens. I know for headlights there is a B1tch of a glare for oncoming drivers with PNP HIDS.

Is the fog light being lower still as hazardous?

I saw matchbox projectors from TRS. anyone ever tried?

If there is a thread on this, please post. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Just from what I've seen, fog lights actually put out more glare than regular PnP headlights do. Couldn't tell you why. But that's just anecdotal evidence.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
I have HID's in ONLY my fogs. got a set from DDM. I am running 5k and they are a huge improvement over stock.
It was money well spent ($50 total i think). at least better than phillips ultra bright bulbs i put in headlights.
I have never been flashed using just my foglights but i never run my fogs on the highway or densely populated roads. Although they are bright enough to drive with, the cutoff height wise is pretty low.
Fog lights are meant to help define the edge of the road, so by design they made for short proximity light dispersion. This dispersed light is often considered "glare".
The biggest advantage of my HIDs is the side of the road is illuminated so i can see the edge of the road better. (for deer down in ditches/ or dark narrow neighborhoods that don't have street lights.)
I am against HID's in headlight housings (esp. chevy cobalts). If you use your fog lights for low visibility situations i would recommend it. If you want to run HID's for PIMP lights i am against it.