1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Projectors or PNP for fog retro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NickM, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Feb 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    NickM

NickM [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    Hey guys. I was wondering, does anyone have HID's in their fogs? Curious is projectors are worthwhile for fogs or if PNP is fine.

I know the legality of things. Not saying i'm biting off on it. Ive battled myself quite a bit on install of headlights. I made the thread about some new halogens. I know for headlights there is a B1tch of a glare for oncoming drivers with PNP HIDS.

Is the fog light being lower still as hazardous?

I saw matchbox projectors from TRS. anyone ever tried?

If there is a thread on this, please post. Thanks!

2. Feb 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    ThunderOne

ThunderOne Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Just from what I've seen, fog lights actually put out more glare than regular PnP headlights do. Couldn't tell you why. But that's just anecdotal evidence.

3. Feb 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    StuckinOhio

StuckinOhio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' v6 AC 4x4 SR5
    I have HID's in ONLY my fogs. got a set from DDM. I am running 5k and they are a huge improvement over stock.
    It was money well spent ($50 total i think). at least better than phillips ultra bright bulbs i put in headlights.
    I have never been flashed using just my foglights but i never run my fogs on the highway or densely populated roads. Although they are bright enough to drive with, the cutoff height wise is pretty low.
    Fog lights are meant to help define the edge of the road, so by design they made for short proximity light dispersion. This dispersed light is often considered "glare".
    The biggest advantage of my HIDs is the side of the road is illuminated so i can see the edge of the road better. (for deer down in ditches/ or dark narrow neighborhoods that don't have street lights.)
    I am against HID's in headlight housings (esp. chevy cobalts). If you use your fog lights for low visibility situations i would recommend it. If you want to run HID's for PIMP lights i am against it.

Products Discussed in

To Top