1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dedicated Low Beam Projector Dedicated Highbeam Projector bixenon

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ESWOOSH, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:33 PM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    Magnaflow Exhaust Custom AirIntake Custom MB Rims 1.25" Wheel Spacer Custom Headlights Hid Headlighting 2 12" JL Subs Custom Interior Lighting Custom Interior Shifter
    I have a mad vision in my head for my tacoma but i am unsure of exactly how the wiring works or if it is even possible to wire a bixenon projector into my high beam bays on my after market projector halo headlights. (the classic type all over ebay)

but because the tacomas use a bixenon tech to begin with i feel like the wiring through the car isn't correct to have a low beam projector and a bixenon projector run at the same time.

i am not all that interested in having a regular projector mounted that only flicks on during high beam because of HID warm up times. Though it is my plan b if this is not possible. Just something about the idea of having four total low beams rolling down the road……. something fierce….

Im sorry if this post is annoying but i am desperate for info and also a newbie kicking my can around these forums.

PS its 2007 tacoma sport………. she's red.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 11, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    TRSAndrew

TRSAndrew Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R Sport 6V7
    Fierce? Fierce would be a Bi-Xenon projector with solid output like the Mini D2S. Why not retrofit the stock headlights instead? :)

3. Feb 12, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    Magnaflow Exhaust Custom AirIntake Custom MB Rims 1.25" Wheel Spacer Custom Headlights Hid Headlighting 2 12" JL Subs Custom Interior Lighting Custom Interior Shifter
    I meant fierce as in it will look fierce, scary, intimidating, beefy

My stock headlights are ruined by a bad hid install by my local shop :/

Plus i really want the dual projector look i could achieve with these aftermarket ones

I just want to know if the wiring is possible and maybe some insight on how it would be done

4. Feb 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    You're basically going to use a harness that grounds both the low beam and the high beam, and instead of running your high beam wire to one terminal and low beam to another you will just be running them as the power wire to a separate projector. Easy to do.

5. Feb 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    well that is good news. I had heard that if your low beam shuts off when you turn high beam on then this mod was not possible. But i figured that nothing is impossible with the right wiring set up

but too better understand. Which terminals do you speak of? The one to the battery?

6. Feb 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    well that is good news. I had heard that if your low beam shuts off when you turn high beam on then this mod was not possible. But i figured that nothing is impossible with the right wiring set up

but too better understand. Which terminals do you speak of? The one to the battery?

7. Feb 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:

I was just referring to terminals on the 9003 bulb, ground, high and low.

Both your projectors will get grounded.
    Low projector will get the power wire from the low terminal
    high projector will get the power from the high terminal.

You could probably even wire it so your highs stay on with your lows so you would have this.

low beams, low beam projectors are on
    high beam, low beam and high beam projectors are on.

And you could probably even do it so when your high beam one comes on it can drop the shield on your low beam projector that way you basically have double high beams for ultimate lighting

8. Feb 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    Well you see .... Ohhh..... Ohhh yah, i get it. I have the after market plug n play headlights. So that 9005 is set further back from the actual bulbs (in a wiring diagram) it splits low beam and high beam already like you mentioned and the headlight bulbs are actually h7 hid

But the 9005 plug is still present so it make sense how i can wire what you mean

But my delima is that the high beam is NOT on while my low is on

So is the bixenon projector (with shield up) even going to be on at the same time while the low beam is on?

Or is the whole projector going to warm up when i switch over to highbeam, as opposed to already being on as is normal with bixenon

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. Feb 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:

You're basically going to have to make your own wiring harness to do what you want. Somewhere on here there is a modification to turn on the high beam and low beam filament in the bulb at the SAME time. This will mean both wires are HOT when you have your high beam on. But in this case won't overdraw the system because you will have a relay harness directly connected to the battery just using the low/high beam power wires as a signal to tell the circuit to pull the power from the battery.

10. Feb 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:

Im sure im being annoying but i just havnt heard the words i want lol

with this setup

When i am in LOW beam. Will both projectors be be HOT and projecting light? This would mean low beam is on and highbeam is on but shield is up blocking light. Meaning 2 sets low beams, while in low beam, right?

Thank you, you are being infinitely helpful

11. Feb 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:

You can set it up that was as a "quad" setup. Basically you are going to run power wires from your LOW BEAM to both power wires on the ballast. Then when your low beam is on, it will tell the relay harness to pull the energy from the battery and power both ballasts/bulbs.

Then you can have your high beam wire run and split to the shield plug on the projectors so you have quad high beams too.

Check this out. his light output is crazy!
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?30957-My-4-FX-R-output-pictures

12. Feb 15, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:

Thats fucking crazy yes i want that

Yeah see i understand that . So the highbeam power is just gonna make the solenoid work while both the bulbs are running of the low beam power. Perfect

One ballast can run two bulbs? Or were u implying i would run power from low beam to two ballast?
    And how do you run wires from the low beam?
    Wish i had a wiring diagram for this lol

13. Feb 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:

Each bulb will have its own ballast so you will need 4 ballasts and 4 bulbs.

The wiring harness is simple but I don't have time right now to draw it out

14. Feb 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    ESWOOSH

ESWOOSH [OP] Member

Member:
    Lol bro i dont expect you too. U see my father is a bad ass under the hood, used to run a shop with his dad. But i have to show him im informed enough about this stuff before hes ever on board with me

I really appreciate you brother

I also dont want to get halfway thru my retrofit and see that when i flick to high beam all the the lights just turn off because they are drawing piwer from the lowbeam wires. Becuz my low beam turns off when i switch to high

But the wiring harness prevents this if im not mistaken / understanding you correctly

Regardless it seems this thread is coming to its end and i really appreciate your help again brother

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  15. Feb 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    jimmybee1108

jimmybee1108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JM
    San Antono
    Vehicle:
    2012 blk DC sr5 v6 prerunner
    bilstein 5100s, wheelers AALs, amazon dual 10 sub box, with two jlw1s cheap HIDs
    May wanna contact a member on here.
    I believe his name is AndrewTRS or something. But he does crazy install and stuff.
    I'd love a dual projector setup but my main quarrel is the size if the projectors compared to the size of the housings. But hey, if you got the dough then bake the bread.

Products Discussed in

To Top