Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Light Bar question

Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
LED Light Bar question

So im looking to get an LED bar for in my bumper. I was looking at Rigid Industries, and I didn't know what kind to get.....I was thinking the E2 hyperspot, or the E Spot. Whats the difference or should I get a driving light? I just don't know the purpose of each light and would like some feedback/guidance. thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Edpsx is on a distinguished road
Edpsx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
So im looking to get an LED bar for in my bumper. I was looking at Rigid Industries, and I didn't know what kind to get.....I was thinking the E2 hyperspot, or the E Spot. Whats the difference or should I get a driving light? I just don't know the purpose of each light and would like some feedback/guidance. thanks in advance
My advice would be to go with something besides Rigid. Seems like they price a little high compared to others and they have had problems in the past, but its your decision in the end. The lifetime stuff seem to get pretty good reviews and are priced considerably lower. Im personally going with a 10w cree setup.

What kind of light do you want? Something that shoots really far out? Or a wider beam? Those are the main two differences between spot and flood.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I was looking at the Cree set up too. But I want an overall better output. A wider beam and something tht is really far out. But I feel the brighter ones u can't use on the road. I feel you just use those off-road or on a back road. I don't mind having something super bright I just won't use it on the road.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Roneyj is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Roneyj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edpsx View Post
My advice would be to go with something besides Rigid. Seems like they price a little high compared to others and they have had problems in the past, but its your decision in the end. The lifetime stuff seem to get pretty good reviews and are priced considerably lower. Im personally going with a 10w cree setup.

What kind of light do you want? Something that shoots really far out? Or a wider beam? Those are the main two differences between spot and flood.
What problems has Rigid had? And what proof do you have to back it up?

Do some research, there is a reason Rigid uses 3w LEDs and not 10w.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
Jackalope33b is on a distinguished road
Jackalope33b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roneyj View Post
What problems has Rigid had? And what proof do you have to back it up?

Do some research, there is a reason Rigid uses 3w LEDs and not 10w.
Why are they using 3w LEDs and not 5w or 10w?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I sell Rigid Industries, and you were right to look there first. Theres a reason everyone and their brother compares their backyard bar to a Rigid. They have set the bar.

Now onto the fun LED lesson, first question is 'Is this your only secondary light?' Meaning, are you looking to add to an existing lighting setup or are you looking to venture into one?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #7
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a wide beam I would NOT get a hyperspot. They are a very narrow beam but shoot a long distance. Look around the forum for other LED threads and read up on options. Most of them have photos of the lights and beams for comparison
Old 02-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I was looking at the Cree set up too. But I want an overall better output. A wider beam and something tht is really far out. But I feel the brighter ones u can't use on the road. I feel you just use those off-road or on a back road. I don't mind having something super bright I just won't use it on the road.
All aftermarket lights are for "Off road Use Only" and usually state that on the box. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 02-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #9

TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
All aftermarket lights are for "Off road Use Only" and usually state that on the box. Correct me if I'm wrong

Ok gotcha. So I might as well just get the brightest/one with best output.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
Quote:
Ok gotcha. So I might as well just get the brightest/one with best output.
Lifetime LEDs have a combo beam. Might be your best bet and bang for your buck.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #11
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought, but I have 4 round led lights from amazon and they've been on my truck for a year. Only prob I had was 2 were lower quality then the others(different vendor), and they were getting yellow and rusty inside. Amazon replaced them free of charge after 5 months of me having them, and even next day shipped them, with them eating the shipping cost. Only 20 bucks a piece. They are really bright. Just my .02
Old 02-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #13
For example, the 31.5" 60 LED bar from lifetime LEDs offers a 30 degree spot beam for throwing light far, a 60 degree flood beam for wide angle or a combo beam. The combo bar has an assortment of spot and flood LEDs positioned strategically in the light bar. You Get the best of best worlds.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Just gonna leave this here.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...p-buy-5-a.html
Old 02-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
man I wish I could hop on this but I just ordered some wet okoles in the group buy. but next time def. thanks!!
No problem. I highly recommend OKLEDLIGHTBARS, their customer service is outstanding. Dude's neighborhood was getting wrecked by tornados when the GB I was in finished up and he was still getting orders out the same day guys were transferring funds.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #17
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
We sell lifetime led bars. Great bars. I have 2 of the 6" Cree bars in the lower bumper valence. We are working to put all the lights on our store front but takes time. If you see anything on the lifetime site just lemme know. We offer 15% discount for TW Members. Just lemme know what your looking for and shoot me a PM

www.wiredinstallation.com
www.lifetimeledlights.com
Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #18

TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
OP, I sell Rigid Industries, and you were right to look there first. Theres a reason everyone and their brother compares their backyard bar to a Rigid. They have set the bar.

Now onto the fun LED lesson, first question is 'Is this your only secondary light?' Meaning, are you looking to add to an existing lighting setup or are you looking to venture into one?
sorry I just saw this. but I live in md and we have stupid front license plate laws so what I was gonna do was get 2 12" or 2 10" LED bars and put them on both sides of my plate. now in the future I wouldn't mind getting a LED bar for my roof rack. hope tht answers your question.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
The 2 Cree lights in lower valence
Attached Thumbnails
LED Light Bar question-uploadfromtaptalk1392731760141.jpg