1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FXR Install (Sealing the headlights??)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TwoTacos, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    TwoTacos

TwoTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Winnipeg, MB.
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DCLB Sport
    3" Leveling Kit with AAL, 5160/6112 Billsteins, LED Bed and under hood Lighting, backflip F1 tonneau cover, TRS HID Headlights, Homemade Satoshi Grill, heated seats, cluster and dash white LEDS, TPMS disable switch, ABS/VSC disable switch, fog light anytime mod, Backup Camera On anytime mod, Power locking tailgate, blue LED floor lighting c/w dimmer, tinted windows, aftermarket Nav/Audio with built in sub, aftermarket homelink.
    I'm almost done my FXR install and am confused as to how to seal the back of the housing. The factory lights use the large rubber seal, but what can I use to seal the housing with the new bulb? What is everybody else doing to make a good seal at the back of the housing?

2. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    You can trim the rubber boot to fit and seal over the larger fxr bulbs.

Edit; I can't find the write-up that describes it, but you can flip the boot inside out to trim it. Search through the write-ups and you should find it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. Feb 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    Edpsx

Edpsx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    13' Double Cab Limited MGM
    K&N Intake, Stainless Tube Steps, Pioneer 8500BHS, Coming Soon:, Morimoto H1 Mini, Viper 5704
    +1

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    +1

5. Feb 19, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    2000uzj

2000uzj Where's my hammer?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Sandy Springs,GA
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota, but not a Tacoma
    You can take a exacto knife and trim the grommet to fit, if there is any gaps left over between the FXR and grommet, use high temp RTV to seal it up.

6. Feb 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    TwoTacos

TwoTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Winnipeg, MB.
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DCLB Sport
    3" Leveling Kit with AAL, 5160/6112 Billsteins, LED Bed and under hood Lighting, backflip F1 tonneau cover, TRS HID Headlights, Homemade Satoshi Grill, heated seats, cluster and dash white LEDS, TPMS disable switch, ABS/VSC disable switch, fog light anytime mod, Backup Camera On anytime mod, Power locking tailgate, blue LED floor lighting c/w dimmer, tinted windows, aftermarket Nav/Audio with built in sub, aftermarket homelink.
    Thanks guys. I figured I would use the boot, just wasn't sure how to seal it.

Products Discussed in

To Top