Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DTRL bulbs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
cjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cjacob's Tacoma Gallery
DTRL bulbs

thinking of converting my '05 to DTRL's and looking for a white/amber led to replace the standard. I saw the group buy thread, but those are a bit more than I can spend right now. Looking at some cheap, possibly temporary options for now.

these caught my eye
http://www.amazon.com/Classy-Autos-S...B68SJVKJETTWY6
Old 02-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I think those will be quite un-impressive over stock... If even visible. Best option I've found and installed is v3 LEDs.

Stock:

V3LED

They make them in switchbacks too, meaning white light as DTRL and amber as turn. Found my stock DTRLs were burnt at the base and the connector from the bulb was charred too.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
cjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjacob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cjacob's Tacoma Gallery
those were the pricey ones I couldn't afford just yet. but I want to eventually get. I was initially just going to wait, but it seems like I'm having to run my headlights every day because of the weather, and I hate doing that with the headlights I use because they burn out quicker.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Save up rather than buy twice. These have a lifetime warranty.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=AzogSS;8256426]I think those will be quite un-impressive over stock... If even visible. Best option I've found and installed is v3 LEDs.

Stock:

Completely Random, but is that the apartments at riverside? haha
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
cjacob's Tacoma Gallery
i'm sure you're right. so these are supposed to last a long time? I'd hate to have to pay $130 every couple of years. "lifetime" warranty on bulbs just means the life of the bub, not your life. These bulbs will be on almost every time you turn on your car, you can easily go through 3000 hrs in just two years. I am not seeing an hour rating on their site
Old 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
see this to get switchback leds for cheap

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...bs-3157ck.html

Products Discussed in this Thread