1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removal of internal light shield Fog Lamp

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Foihdzas, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Feb 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas [OP] VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    I have a set of Subaru OEM fog lights, and I am putting them in my ARB bumper.

Along with making brackets, I decided to remove the internal light reducing shroud.

I did this for two reasons.

1, the stock Tacoma fogs do not have this

2, I only use my fogs off road, so I am not worried about annoying other road users.

I thought I would sort of document what I did. I don't have pictures, but it is a pretty simple process.

Perform this 'modification' at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility.

My information was taken from this site.
    http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=37227.0;prev_next=prev#top

I took off ALL plastic parts off of the fog, bake at 260 degrees F for 15-20 minutes ( I did this one at a time to allow working time)

I used a very small screw driver to pry the glass away from the housing.

Removed the light shield, scraped off the sealant, and used high heat silicon to seal them up. Results are not in about the silicon, as I just did this tonight.

I'll report back.

Anyways, here are the pictures. The passenger side is WITH the shroud, and the Drivers side is WITHOUT the shroud.

It is difficult to see with the pictures, but there is a noticeable difference. A wider beam pattern, BUT with MORE glare to oncoming traffic.

Subaru Fog
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top