LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

replaced original OEM headlamp bulbs (have a Q)

Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
Chix love me cuz' I seldom wear underwear
Full Squish is on a distinguished road

Full Squish's Tacoma Gallery
replaced original OEM headlamp bulbs (have a Q)

even though were still working alot of the roads i drive at night don't have street lights so finally changed my original OEM headlight bulbs on my '05 to what are marketed as brighter halogens (philips x-treme vision part 9003 xv2s).

not sure why but when i turned the engine off previously the headlights always shut off without me having to do so; but with these they stay one. the bulb swap was pretty easy but did i miss doing something?

i already have visions (no pun intended) of a dead battery in my near future as i know i will forget to shut them off manually as haven't had t do so in ~ 9 years.

was there something special about the prior bulbs or anything i need to check for in the replacement?.

thanks

EDIT: just realized they shut off after i open the door (could have swore they did so right after i cut the engine. Anyway, ignore my dumbarse Q and just throw rotten fruit at me. return to what you were doing before

that said if there is anything else i would be addressing such as alignment of lights feel free to drop some knowledge on me...thanks
Old 03-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
is the headlight switch on?...mine cut off when i open the drivers door
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Chix love me cuz' I seldom wear underwear
Full Squish is on a distinguished road

Full Squish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
is the headlight switch on?...mine cut off when i open the drivers door
yep went back out to try to figure it out and umm, figured it out...thx