Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofit Questions, Pictures, & More

Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #1
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit Questions, Pictures, & More

I figured we can have a thread where we can talk about retrofits, without clogging up other threads. We can post questions, pictures, or anything related to retrofits. I also compiled a few of them. If you have/know any threads that will help with retrofits, let me know. I'll do my best to update this.

The Retrofit Source Ongoing GB via Andrew
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ndrew-trs.html

How to: Retrofit Morimoto FX-R & Mini H1 by A7xschecter661
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-h1-depth.html

How to Install Ambiguous Retrofit by thegreatwall 23
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html

Retrofit Service by Ambiguous
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...down-time.html

Retrofit Service by AsianAnts
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...fog-retro.html
Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here is my retrofit.

Halo Off:

Halo On:

Close Up of Halo On:

Cutoff:
Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Ricks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRicks2013 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MWSS 171, 374,
Name: Rick
Ricks2013's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I have a few questions. Did you do everything yourself and if so how difficult was it? Do they make plug and play headlights with the halos etc already in them(2013)? What would you say the average cost is for this upgrade? These things look so bad ass! Gotta start saving and reading up on this. Thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
tony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tony2018's Tacoma Gallery
I need fog light retrofit pic's!
Old 03-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
All I Do Is Nguyen

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks2013 View Post
Looks great! I have a few questions. Did you do everything yourself and if so how difficult was it?

I did everything myself. It was fairly easy since I went with Mini D2S. However with the new D2S, the shaft is shorter so you have to shave the back reflectors a little bit. Still easier than FX-Rs. If you take your time and don't rush anything, you'll be fine!

Courtesy of Sacrifice

Do they make plug and play headlights with the halos etc already in them(2013)?

I haven't seen any plug and play with round halos for +2012. The ones I've seen so far are Anzo's. I don't know how they perform against morimotos.

What would you say the average cost is for this upgrade?

I got everything I needed through the retrofit source's on going group buy here. It cost me a tad over $300. The price goes up depending on what bulbs, how many watts, and if you go for the Minis or FX-Rs, etc.

These things look so bad ass! Gotta start saving and reading up on this. Thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
OMG? I famous in first post!!

Old 03-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
OMG? I famous in first post!!
I had to put it on there. I used it to do my retros
Old 03-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
definitely the best guide on here until somebody tops it with full on video of retrofit!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #9
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
definitely the best guide on here until somebody tops it with full on video of retrofit!
I thought about doing a video. Maybe next time when I do another one Or you can top your how-to with a video of your own!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_jamz View Post
Here is my retrofit.

Halo Off:

Halo On:

Close Up of Halo On:

Cutoff:
Some people asked and here is my set up

Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III D2S
Projectors: D2S 3.0 (O Lens/LHD)
Ballasts: D2S Morimoto 3five DSP
Bulbs: 35w D2S 3Five 5000k
Shrouds: Apollo 3.0
Wire Harness: MotoControl Bixenon H4/9003
Halos: 100mm White
Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #11
Twalt87 is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
Twalt87's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Think I'll be going with the same setup as you only with the fxr setup
Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twalt87 View Post
Sweet. Think I'll be going with the same setup as you only with the fxr setup
Nice! You're going to love it man. Huge improvement over stock
Old 03-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
Twalt87 is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
Twalt87's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the stock lights. So dim and I can't see shit lol. Its all forested highways where I live. Lots of deer and elk on the sides of the road. Half the time I don't see them until they are beside me