Notices

Canada retrofit users

Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Twalt87 is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
Twalt87's Tacoma Gallery
Canada retrofit users

Hello fellows Canadian peoples
Do any of you live in BC? Of so have you had any issues with a retrofit at road blocks or with the cops?
Has any one in Canada had any retrofit issues with road blocks or cops?

BC seems to have stricter laws then other provinces so I want to see what iI can find out before I dump the cash down
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
TYetti is on a distinguished road

Name: Mat
TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twalt87 View Post
Hello fellows Canadian peoples
Do any of you live in BC? Of so have you had any issues with a retrofit at road blocks or with the cops?
Has any one in Canada had any retrofit issues with road blocks or cops?

BC seems to have stricter laws then other provinces so I want to see what iI can find out before I dump the cash down

if you modify the lights in anyway it is basically up to the officer and his or her mood that day, that being said a proper retro fit in a dot housing you may or may not get away with it, most aren't up to date with what comes stock and what doesn't as long as don't go crazy with insanely bright lights you should be fine

if you go by the mva in bc pretty much everything is illegal that being said, I know plenty of people with retro fit lights and even some who just put hid bulbs into stock housings, who have never had an issue. do it properly and chances are you'll fly under the radar just know you can be ticketed and given a VI at any time.