1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB Bumper with no fog light cutout. What now?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Xshark, May 2, 2014.

1. May 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    Xshark

Xshark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I installed an ARB bumper that does not have the fog light cut-outs in them.

At the moment, I don't have fog lights. I want fog lights. I'd like to be cheap and re-use the fog lights I have, but I have no housing for them.

What are some of my options? New aftermarket mounted on top of bumper? Can I re-use the existing wiring harness? (Should I?)

Also, what is the deal with the blacked-out oblong lights on the ARB bumper? There are wires coming from them, but where do they go?

F97DF5AB-FA3E-4BD0-A973-93920C49080C_zps_baf4420a1b115d26026fb59925e3486a2d54cd7a.jpg

2. May 2, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    gfiber

gfiber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport Access Cab
    TRD sport pkg, Towing Pkg, Ham radio installation, bed lights, front 32 inch LED Bar behind the grill.
    Hole saw and lots of cutting oil will get you the fog light holes. I would probably give ARB customer service a call and see if they have any recommendations in place of tombstone mounting of you fog lights. They may suggest a method of actually cutting the required holes. If its a hole saw and cutting oil you will need to do that very slowly and maybe with a drill that has an accessory handle a buddy could also hang on to while cutting. Those hole saws like a large drill bit will sometimes grab and the drill motor will twist, that could cause injury. A rental place may have a magnetic mounted drill press available, look into that if you decide to cut the holes your self.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. May 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    The blacked-out oblong lights are supposed to be connected to your turn signals. As for fog lights, basically cut holes for them and come up with a way to mount them, or you might be able to get some LED fog lights to fit into the horizontal slot in the center of the bumper.

4. May 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Im thinking of going this route as well with mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top