So I did my first retrofit. It turned out pretty well I thought. The only problems are:
1. Scratches on the paint of reflector bowl when installed. :|
2. Driver's side projector is slanted by about 10 degrees.
3. Some chips in the paint on my shroud. :'(
4. Cracked then lens after painting inside for "demon eye" effect D':
5. (CLEANED!) Fibers on the lens.
6. Headlight lenses are slightly oxidized.
7. (FIXED!) Headlight likes to move after I've set it.
8. You can see some JBWeld sticking out behind the shroud (painted it black)
So... it didn't turn out that well. Oops. At least they don't leak! And they fire up quickly!
My situation is this. I've got basically another set of OEM headlights in pieces. Not missing anything, but not painted/cut either. I was going to keep them around for a spare stock set, but I've pretty much given up on that idea. Unfortunately, the lenses on these looks even worse. But I was thinking I could reuse the lenses that are on there now and restore them later. Is there an easier way to get the projector unmounted? Or am I just in for a long dremeling session?
OR... I could buy a pair of Depo lights and just do those instead. Or should I just use those as a spare until I get the other part done and then use THOSE lenses? Would they fit the OEM assembly?
As an update for anyone crawling through this, I've since reopened the offending headlight and the reflector bowl was loose from 1 of the 3 connections. Making it flop all over the place. I even cleaned the lenses and the inside of the housing some.