Notices

Reverse lighting

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
jknc is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Reverse lighting

Been looking at these to mount near the hitch to make hitching, and launching/loading the boat at night easier.

Anyone use them or have a better solution, without breaking the bank?

18W 6 CREE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G620ZVU/..._2.MVtb0G1YKN7
Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
BAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prime BEEF
Name: Ray
BAMS's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for the same kind of thing. I like these and will probably buy them.

thanks for the easy link.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #3

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
No problem! They look solid enough.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
My only concern would be keeping them from getting submerged getting the boat in/out of water. Not sure about your boat ramp setups and such and your mounting point heights tho...........I've seen these and thought about a pr for rev or extra coupla lights for the light bar up front. I run cree LED bike lights with 1600, 1800, 2400 & 3600 lumens. Just ordered up a 4000 lumen one since the ones I have have been kickass. These for the truck should be too.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #5

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
I usually keep the truck out of the water lol. But yeah there are those times. I thought about getting marine grade ones but white would look bad on my MGM.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:18 AM   #6
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
These do look really cool! Might try a set, Thanks.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this set from a tw group buy (jasperoffroad, don't think he is around anymore). Low profile and have launched my boat at least 20 times and have had no issues with them. They are Chinese but for $40 they are bright and still work after almost 2 years. Mounted to the hitch so they sit further forward, not to the bumper.

Looks like jasperoffroad.com is no longer but I found these on ebay, look identical but a little more $$$.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151347537779?nav=SEARCH

Old 07-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJumper14 View Post
I bought this set from a tw group buy (jasperoffroad, don't think he is around anymore). Low profile and have launched my boat at least 20 times and have had no issues with them. They are Chinese but for $40 they are bright and still work after almost 2 years. Mounted to the hitch so they sit further back, not to the bumper.

Looks like jasperoffroad.com is no longer but I found these on ebay, look identical but a little more $$$.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151347537779?nav=SEARCH

Yeah those look great!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a pr of those I didn't want to put on my lightbar up front. I think they may go on the back of the truck instead...................
Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #10

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna have to try them out.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #11

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready to do this tomorrow. Is there an easy pathway for the wiring from the rear to the cab and fuse box?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #12
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
What lights did you get? There are rubber plugs under the driver/passenger seat you can run the wires through. Easy to see when you get under the truck. Then along the frame to the lights. Just stay away from exhaust and suspension obviously.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:27 AM   #13

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
I actually bought a Platinum Burners set from Walmart just out of curiosity, but I also bought a set of Cree Dually Style to use from a buddy. If the Walmart ones are OK I've got 4 lights, if not I'll return those bastards and use the Dualies.

The Cree ones:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...649860&alt=web
Old 07-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #14

jknc's Tacoma Gallery

Platinum Burners set installed. They look decent. Can't tell for sure yet cause the sun's come up though.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Did y'all just tap the positive rev light wire by tailight and then ground them to the frame or did y'all run wires into cab and light them up with seperate switch and/or would it matter which way other than for preference?
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #16

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Did y'all just tap the positive rev light wire by tailight and then ground them to the frame or did y'all run wires into cab and light them up with seperate switch?
I just spliced into the reverse light for now. I opened up the drivers side light, the reverse light is on red(+) and white(-) I just spliced directly to positive and the negative. Adding an extra ground could adversely affect it.

I'm thinking about running it up to a constant power source and using a toggle switch, after a while. Also contemplating leaving them there and adding two 4 LED pods on the top of the bed near the cab on a toggle.

Like this:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=292754
Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #17
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I used. They decolor a bit (mine are turning silverish) but so far ok. Rain, snow, shine... No water intrusion.

The exposed metal bolts/nuts rust very quick though so recomend you coat those.

These can work as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1QIWYZDUBI2QZ
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #18

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I mainly used the Walmart ones because I could pick them up and do it, immediately. Wife and kid are gone and I had a night to do something.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post

Good price. I would jump on those op.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #20

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJumper14 View Post
Good price. I would jump on those op.
Yeah I bought two of the pods like are mounted to the bed rail in that post above, for $20, from my friend. And the ones on it now (Walmart) were $24 with a wiring harness.

I'll just return the Walmart ones if they suck.

Products Discussed in this Thread