Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DRL's melting need new cover!!!

Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #21
ToyotaPartsMan is on a distinguished road

ToyotaPartsMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
does this warranty apply to tacomas that did not come with factory drl? like for someone who added the drl relay.
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
My factory called it a recall and for anyone that chose to get them fixed and had issues other places to come to them
Some dealers call this type of warranty extension a "recall" to get people in the dealership. We still get a % of parts sales and labor reimbursed from Toyota. Free money right? Its just a cheap sales ploy for some dealers.

It is not technically a recall because it's not a safety concern. A recall would also cover every vehicle in the effective VIN ranges. This problem actually has to be existing at the time of repair. This is why Toyota calls it a Warranty Enhancement.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #22
deeznutz will become famous soon enough
deeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaPartsMan View Post
I Work for a Toyota dealership. Toyota did just release an extended warranty campaign (6/25/14) on the Tacoma headlamp assy.'s for this reason. jeffvt0508 is being truthful! Go get them fixed ASAP! Attached is the info on this warranty extension.

So if I'm reading it right, after the 3 yr coverage is up, they will still cover this another 5 yrs? I have a 2009, with the 3 yrs over in 2012, and with the 5 yr extra coverage, it is good until 2017?
Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
So if I'm reading it right, after the 3 yr coverage is up, they will still cover this another 5 yrs? I have a 2009, with the 3 yrs over in 2012, and with the 5 yr extra coverage, it is good until 2017?
All Tacoma's from 2005-2011 that fall into the effective VIN range and have its eligibility verified by the dealership via TIS will be covered no matter the age of the truck until Nov 30, 2015.

After Nov. 30, 2015 the warranty is ONLY applicable to trucks whose date of first use is less than 5yrs. ago and have less than 70,000 miles on the clock. After that the time frame gets shorter by each day based on date of first use.

Typing this really fast at work. If this is still confusing. I will try and edit later tonight using examples.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #24
TXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All Tacoma's from 2005-2011 that fall into the effective VIN range and have its eligibility verified by the dealership via TIS will be covered no matter the age of the truck until Nov 30, 2015.

After Nov. 30, 2015 the warranty is ONLY applicable to trucks whose date of first use is less than 5yrs. ago and have less than 70,000 miles on the clock. After that the time frame gets shorter by each day based on date of first use.

Typing this really fast at work. If this is still confusing. I will try and edit later tonight using examples.
pardon my ignorance but is this just for East Coast?
Over here there stiklers about this.
Do they know someone that knows someone over here perhaps?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
pardon my ignorance but is this just for East Coast?
Over here there stiklers about this.
Do they know someone that knows someone over here perhaps?
NO, this a a nationwide Toyota program.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
deeznutz will become famous soon enough
deeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for posting the revised TSB. I took my truck to the dealership, they verified my VIN, confirmed that the DRL was melting and now the parts are ordered! Supposed to come in on Wednesday. I can finally drive around without having my headlights on during the day.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
Thanks for posting the revised TSB. I took my truck to the dealership, they verified my VIN, confirmed that the DRL was melting and now the parts are ordered! Supposed to come in on Wednesday. I can finally drive around without having my headlights on during the day.
Glad to help!
Old 07-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Big thread on melting DRL lenses
Point is? Not nearly as many DRL threads as there is about will my tires fit or how much lift threads.

Cut some slack
Old 07-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #31
Insert Member joke here
Richie Rich is on a distinguished road
Richie Rich's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb question.
Does this apply to vehicles purchased used?
Bought mine from a Toyota dealership but it is 4 years old and out of warranty.
Have never owned a late model used vehicle before, hence the ignorance.

ETA: Do they have a revised design for the DRLs to prevent this from happening again?
Old 07-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #32
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Point is? Not nearly as many DRL threads as there is about will my tires fit or how much lift threads.

Cut some slack

I was saying there was already a big thread on it he may not have read yet

Get over yourself
Old 07-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #33
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinknmolson View Post
I did bhlm and changed to led's think they'll honor the recall if they see those mods??
I'd like to bring this question back up. Will they inspect my headlights or just give me new ones?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #34
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
They inspect and take your old headlights
Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #35
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
So they will most likely deny mine since they have been taken apart for the BHLM, correct?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #36
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure.. would be worth the shot
Old 07-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #37

Find out if they don't then you could buy eBay lights crack them open switch turn lens and take those in...Oo but thats unethical lol
Old 07-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #39
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I was saying there was already a big thread on it he may not have read yet

Get over yourself
Maybe you should start writing in complete thoughts so others know just what you're trying to convey then.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #40
TXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of lightTXPRO4X4 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
That's what I did.

How long did this take? Per light?
I like the way this looks! But for hire long I estimate this taking about 2 hrs per light.man idk.