TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
That's what I did.

How long did this take? Per light?
I like the way this looks! But for hire long I estimate this taking about 2 hrs per light.man idk.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #42

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Before TSB

After TSB

Sorry for the noob question I guess but what is TSB?
Old 07-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #43
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sean
TacoVerde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
Sorry for the noob question I guess but what is TSB?
Technical service bulletin
Old 07-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoVerde View Post
Technical service bulletin
Ah thank you.
The lens insert is different. It looks glass.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #46
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine replaced last month.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 AM   #47
ToyotaPartsMan is on a distinguished road

ToyotaPartsMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
Dumb question.
Does this apply to vehicles purchased used?
Bought mine from a Toyota dealership but it is 4 years old and out of warranty.
Have never owned a late model used vehicle before, hence the ignorance.

ETA: Do they have a revised design for the DRLs to prevent this from happening again?
Yes all warranty/recalls, or anything of that nature is done by VIN# not by owner. So it does not matter if the truck has changed owners 10 times its covered.

No they have not changed the design from what I can tell same part#'s involved. Nothing has been "updated".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
So they will most likely deny mine since they have been taken apart for the BHLM, correct?
Yes unfortunately they will. Now depending on how often you visit your local Toyota dealer for service work, if you are a loyal customer of theirs and have been for quite some time. They, I know we do, usually look the other way in instances such as these and eat the cost to keep you happy and coming back. The warranty is null & void if any type of modification has been made.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #48
gatorfan4eva15 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorfan4eva15's Tacoma Gallery
Well a little update since last week. I called corporate Toyota twice and even talked to a supervisor and they told me there was nothing they could do. Then i asked about the program that Toyota parts man talked about and they "all of a sudden remembered that was an option" so I'm thinking if you mention that and tell them that your VIN fits the requirements than they cant deny you. I think they don't tell you on purpose unless you make it aware that you know about this program. So if anyone has a problem call your local dealer and ask about the Warranty Enhancement Program and you should get a new set of lights like I did today!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #49
BrandonTorgerson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BrandonTorgerson's Tacoma Gallery
Just to add my 2 cents, I read this thread today, and went right over to cabe Toyota in long beach CA. I mentioned this warranty and they came out with some paper work about it. First denied me, then when I asked to see that paper work and read it back to them, they agreed to replace my headlights! Apparently the guy was "reading it wrong"... I have 72000 miles and bought my tacoma in feb 2009. I will get a call tomorrow when my headlights are in. Then will be doing my retro stage 4 kit.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #50
gatorfan4eva15 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorfan4eva15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonTorgerson View Post
Just to add my 2 cents, I read this thread today, and went right over to cabe Toyota in long beach CA. I mentioned this warranty and they came out with some paper work about it. First denied me, then when I asked to see that paper work and read it back to them, they agreed to replace my headlights! Apparently the guy was "reading it wrong"... I have 72000 miles and bought my tacoma in feb 2009. I will get a call tomorrow when my headlights are in. Then will be doing my retro stage 4 kit.
Yea I am pretty sure toyota trains them to "forget" or "read it wrong" because they know they screwed up and they wanna save every dollar they can. Im glad you got them though man nice to see some people getting some justice haha
Old 07-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #51
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
DRL's melting need new cover!!!

Well intetestingly , after reading the pdf , I checked my VIN and I'm eligible so I went and had a really good look at my lenses and they are perfect , but upon pulling the bulbs I found that both bulb sockets are melted and charred

I hope I don't get any greif about this being a USA only thing or issues with the fact I have Sleeper Eyelids installed
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #52
BrandonTorgerson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BrandonTorgerson's Tacoma Gallery
I had already bought a cheap set to throw in there too, and was going to do the retro fit in them, then I saw this and was like wait a min! BRAND NEW OEM LIGHTS FOR FREE! Why not! Thanks man!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #53
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
How long did this take? Per light?
I like the way this looks! But for hire long I estimate this taking about 2 hrs per light.man idk.
It did not take that long. I did it with out taking the lenses off. I popped them loose with a screw driver. Wiggled it till I could grab them with a needle nose pliers. Then with a pair of dikes cut it up piece by piece and dropped it out of the socket whole.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #54
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine looked at today. I'm on my third set of headlights and 4th bulb socket. My 09 has 120K on it and my dealer said the replacement is covered up to 150K. I have some eBay cheapies in there now and brought my OEM ones in as well for evidence. Needless to say, I'm getting a new set of headlight housings and they want to replace the the wiring from the harness to the headlight. The kicker is they need to remove my heavy ass Shrockworks bumper to do the work. Or so they say.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #55
kltyrrell is on a distinguished road
kltyrrell's Tacoma Gallery
Well if that isn't just my luck. After hemming and hawing for a year, I finally put in a new set of Spyder Auto LEDs last weekend. :-(

I did take the truck in over a year ago while under extended warranty for my '06 4D 4x4 and was denied as head lights are considered "trim".

ToyotaPartsMan, do you think I could still get a new connector/harness? Connecter is smokey but works ok in the new setup.

As for being on good terms with my dealership, bah. Years ago, yes, but not anymore. The customer has to fight for everything under warranty.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltyrrell View Post
Well if that isn't just my luck. After hemming and hawing for a year, I finally put in a new set of Spyder Auto LEDs last weekend. :-(

I did take the truck in over a year ago while under extended warranty for my '06 4D 4x4 and was denied as head lights are considered "trim".

ToyotaPartsMan, do you think I could still get a new connector/harness? Connecter is smokey but works ok in the new setup.

As for being on good terms with my dealership, bah. Years ago, yes, but not anymore. The customer has to fight for everything under warranty.
Yes bulb socket, harness connector & wires are available as a separate items.

Part #'s are...

Bulb Socket : 90075-60060 x 1
Body Harness Connector : 90980-11020 x 1
6"repair wire : 82998-12440 x 3

This will do one side. Double Qty. for both sides.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #57
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
I had my factory headlights replaced adter I had an accedent. I just bought Depos off amazon and they are awesome, but to avoid the whole melting thing again I am going to replace the turn signal/DLR with LED bulbs
Old 07-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #58
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
I had my factory headlights replaced adter I had an accedent. I just bought Depos off amazon and they are awesome, but to avoid the whole melting thing again I am going to replace the turn signal/DLR with LED bulbs
you know if you change drl to led, you will need to modify the resistor in the drl relay. it is a bad idea to use a load resistor on the drl led constantly on during the day (load resistor is a bad idea regardless). I would keep the incandescent bulb, as the led are not brighter and defeats the purpose of drl.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #59
kltyrrell is on a distinguished road
kltyrrell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaPartsMan View Post
Yes bulb socket, harness connector & wires are available as a separate items. .......
Thanks for the part numbers! Do you think I can get these under the warranty even though I installed new headlights???
Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltyrrell View Post
Thanks for the part numbers! Do you think I can get these under the warranty even though I installed new headlights???
Unfortunately no. The warranty extension is for the headlamp assy.'s only.