Notices

Switch to disable/kill reverse lights

Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
yeah...im a newbie
Andrew K is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew K's Tacoma Gallery
Switch to disable/kill reverse lights

Good Morning all. I have read multiple great posts on here that have good information about adding additional reverse lights with diagrams. i like that idea a lot, but what i really want to be able to do is throw a switch and kill the break lights completely. mainly for fishing the beach, at night if i move around i do not want my reverse lights lighting up the water (especially during drum season). normally i cover them up with electrical tape but that is just a pain, especialy in fowl weather.

any ideas? im thinking a relay somewhere in line with the hot, but im not too familiar with relays and how they work. thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Selectable Reverse OFF

Old 07-14-2014, 04:15 AM   #3
yeah...im a newbie
Andrew K is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew K's Tacoma Gallery
wow thanks for this! question about the relay, will any 12v relay work or does it have to be a certain brand/model?