Notices

OKLED Light Bar Wiring

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
StevoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
StevoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OKLED Light Bar Wiring

I am looking into getting a 30" okled light bar to go in my lower valence. When i was on their website, it says that the light bar does not come with a plug. So i'm wondering how you guys are wiring it up? Their website gives some information, but i'm too much of a noob to understand

http://www.okledlightbars.com/apps/w...s/show/3669937
Old 07-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Order their wire harness they offer and it's plug and play. Comes with all the wire and connectors as well as a switch.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #3
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
You can order their harness. (suggested) or you can make your own... I did. I used waterproof connectors, put male on the light bar and female on the wires running to my relays and switch. With the amount of lights I have had at one point and time it was much cheaper to build my own than buy 5 wiring harness.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
ArcticTacoma is on a distinguished road
ArcticTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed one of there 30" light bars and it came with the harness. I had to solder one connector but they supplied the connector - very easy. I haven't actually wired mine up, but when I do I will wire the lights into my high beams.

Post #1433
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...t-bars-72.html
Old 07-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
StevoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
StevoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What is the best/easiest way to mount the bar? Can you just drill it straight on to the crash cans?

And thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
ArcticTacoma is on a distinguished road
ArcticTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
TW members have used these brackets for 30" light bar. I was too cheap and built my own. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-...FQ-CfgodDQYAYg

The easiest way to mount the light bar would be to use those Rigid brackets or to bolt the lightbar mount vertically onto the aluminum "crash can". However, mounting the light with the supplied mounting brackets in a vertical position means that the light bar will be recessed into the grill opening. IMO, if recessed back in the opening the light from the outer floodlights on the light bar might be blocked and that's why I mounted mine more flush with the opening. Using those Rigid brackets or making your own bracket and mounting horizontally allows the light bar to be near the grill opening.

Products Discussed in this Thread