Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help aiming HID offroad lights

Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
bluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant futurebluewaters182 has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic
Name: Greg
bluewaters182's Tacoma Gallery
Help aiming HID offroad lights

So I searched and couldnt find anything. I know a lot of folks are running Kragen HIDs and so I figured for the price I'd try them. They are bright, my issue is the up and down adjustment is in too large of increments. They are either aimed short on the road or up in the trees. There is no in between. FYI they are mounted upside down on the light hoop of my bumper. With so many others running these I can't imagine I'm the only one who has run in to this. Anyone have any ideas on a solution. Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Adjust some with washers
Old 07-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I used body washers between my bar and the bottom mounting bracket to raise them up, and then set the angle from there with the notches.....

each vehicle is different tho, and I was using fogs, so
A: u want a ton of spread plus

B: without a projector, aiming HIDS is not perfect.