Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best halogen lights?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Best halogen lights?

Just replaced my melted and yellow head lights with some new depos from Amazon and now I want some better bulbs. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Phillips xtreme power
Old 07-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
I've used the SilverStars before and they work great. I say they are the best replacement without doing a HID retrofit.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
BDS'd
RadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant future

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely like the phillips myself. Best halogen bulbs I've ever had. It's what I had before my retro. Still have them in my fogs. I did get bright lighted a lot tho. So I would suggest aiming them correctly if you go that route
Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Osram off road bulbs are great. They are just like the factory bulbs except you can get them up to 85 Watts (without melting your factory reflectors). Requires beefing up your factory wiring. Pretty easy to do with some relays and thicker gauge wire. They have normal light rather than that exhausting blue light of HIDs and "premium" blue tinted off the shelf bulbs.

Also google how to adjust the aim of your headlights, that can make a huge difference even with factory bulbs.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
I actually just went out for milkshakes (an excuse to test my lights) and the philips bulbs that came with the depos are bright has hell I might just leave them. Not sure what type of philips they are will check tomorrow
Old 07-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
Osram off road bulbs are great. They have normal light rather than that exhausting blue light of HIDs and "premium" blue tinted off the shelf bulbs.
HIDs in OEM vehicles are NOT blue.............. they are 4300K White, dont lump proper HID Kelvin choice with poor ricer choice.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't talking about anything oem. I was talking about hid bulbs that people buy and throw in factory housings, or the blue tinted bulbs that are at most automotive shops for around $60-$90 that put out a blueish light. Not really looking to get into a debate over it though, people seem to be attracted to blue lights like flies... To each his own.