1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! Which HID bulb is this?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sum1Else, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Jul 31, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    Sum1Else

Sum1Else [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Cali
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Sport
    Hey everyone, one of my HID's went out the other day. I bought the truck 2nd hand so I'm not sure where to get the same replacement bulb. Anyone recognize this setup. Also, I've heard it may be easier / cost effective to just purchase a new set. I don't want to spend too much and I'm not sure what fits. Any and all advice welcomed. Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytb9m7v35l8r32s/Photo Jul 17, 4 17 39 PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be1cshhk68201jh/Photo Jul 17, 4 17 53 PM (1).jpg

2. Jul 31, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    TRSAndrew

TRSAndrew Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R Sport 6V7
    Looks like just a low beam H4 bulb with AMP connectors. What is it plugged into? The headlights of a Tacoma?

3. Jul 31, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    senn4586

senn4586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Always on lighter output, Any Time On Fog lights, rear 12v outlet, 4 additional D-Rings, Plasti-Dipped Side Steps, Satoshi Color Matched Grill, Dash light swap, Dome light and map light, Under hood light, Back up light/Bed Light, Diff Breather relocation, Cubby Combo Lock, Ammo Cans Mounted in bed
    that has a sticker that tells you the number. In the first picture it has the sticker and on the underside of that sticker it will say H4.

4. Jul 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    Sum1Else

Sum1Else [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Cali
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Sport
    It's plugged into whatever the second picture is?? Yes it is low beams, the high beams no longer work (that's how it was rigged when I got it)

5. Jul 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    Sum1Else

Sum1Else [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Cali
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Sport
    H4, any ideas on where I can pick one of these up? You guys seem pretty knowledgeable; any websites you can recommends for inexpensive bulbs. eBay?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jul 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Resembles a Xentec bulb. But I'm sure there are plenty of companies that use that style.

7. Aug 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    Sum1Else

Sum1Else [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Cali
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Sport
    Hi guys. So I found the sticker that said H4. Then another on the ballast that it is plugged into that says 35w. I found the bulbs online but I can't seem to find same type I have that are hard wired and clip into the stabilizer. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can buy these?

8. Aug 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Did you look into the Xentec brand? I am almost positive they will clip right in if the bulb is in fact what you are looking for. I have them, they look identical to the bulbs in the picture.

9. Aug 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM
    senn4586

senn4586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Always on lighter output, Any Time On Fog lights, rear 12v outlet, 4 additional D-Rings, Plasti-Dipped Side Steps, Satoshi Color Matched Grill, Dash light swap, Dome light and map light, Under hood light, Back up light/Bed Light, Diff Breather relocation, Cubby Combo Lock, Ammo Cans Mounted in bed
    I think all bulbs have the same type of connector. If by hard wired you mean crimped on then all you need to do is cut and use a barrel connector. If you don't know how to do that just find a buddy who does. I'm in of if you are willing to show up I might have a build and some connectors. Yes that offers stands no matter what.

10. Aug 27, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    NightProwler

NightProwler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    I think you could get any replacement h4 hid bulbs and just plug them in. There's lots of dirt cheap ones on eBay. Or you could get some nicer ones. Trs sells some h4 I believe. But it looks like a generic crap eBay H4 hid kit that's installed. If you really want something good that'll last, I would just upgrade to a new hid kit. If you don't wanna spend the big bucks anyways, for projectors for example. Trs has a kit with a 5 year warranty. And it is bixenon so you'll have high beams too! http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h4-9003.html#.U_2Nx3nn974 And if you ever have any issues, they are great with handling them. Anything goes out you get free replacements. Surprised Andrew didn't chime in more. But you see that's the cool thing about them. They like to push their products, but not to an extent of being trolls about it. They have us for that;)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top