1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Depo Taillights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PhatTaco12, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Aug 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    PhatTaco12

PhatTaco12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4X4 Off Road
    In progress
    Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with these? Had them about 6 months and now left brake light not working. LED's are working when lights are turned on but this left brake just not getting brighter. Figure it's not the brake light switch since the 3rd brake light comes on and the right light working. Thoughts besides......aftermarket lights?

2. Aug 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    MTopp

MTopp Professional bear handler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    trifecta tonneau, pop n' lock, Depo black bezel headlights, mb 352 wheels, 265/75r16 cooper at3s, visors, colormatched 2011 grille with raptor LEDs, much LEDs in and out Future/wanted: black valence, hood scoop, catback, CAI, 285/75r16s, OMD leaf pack mod
    Weird, I've only had mine for about 4 months. Could be a short or faulty wiring. I'd try and pull the taillight out and look at the wiring, try wiggling it and see if it changes. If not, could be something with the led board, which I'm not sure if you can replace easily

3. Aug 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    PhatTaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4X4 Off Road
    In progress
    Yeah, figured I'd try to take both out and plug right one in if connector the same and see if works. Deductive reasoning. If so then guess I'll be wiggling wires. Hopefully won't have to buy another set. If anybody has a right one not working let me know. Maybe we can split the cost.

4. Aug 15, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    MTopp

MTopp Professional bear handler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    trifecta tonneau, pop n' lock, Depo black bezel headlights, mb 352 wheels, 265/75r16 cooper at3s, visors, colormatched 2011 grille with raptor LEDs, much LEDs in and out Future/wanted: black valence, hood scoop, catback, CAI, 285/75r16s, OMD leaf pack mod
    Yeah, do what you said, good idea. And hope it gets solved too, could always try contacting the seller. And idk if you'll be able to find those taillights again, they were difficult for me to find.

5. Aug 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    PhatTaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4X4 Off Road
    In progress
    Yeah, love the way they look and quality lenient seem bad. Just cross my fingers I can figure it out without having to replace. Gotta put my bumper and winch on this weekend so guess it'll have to wait a bit longer. Haha

6. Aug 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    DirtJumper14

DirtJumper14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OR
    5100's, BDF grills and light bracket, big 3 upgrade, ATH bed braces, snugtop xtra vision shell, (bed, shell, hood, rock, front, rear, footwell, glove box, center console led lighting), MESO Gasshole, MESO dome and map lights, Flyeyez center console light, custom fuse panel, TRD CAI, toyota bed mat, 2013 black carpet, 2015 side mirrors, BedRug, AJT key fob, ultraguage, 8 cadillac horns acdf, pop n lock tailgate lock, energy suspension bushings, spicer greasable ujoints, Rigid lights everywhere, kenwood stereo, led tube taillights (red), 2018 T4R trail wheels, rokblok mud flaps, TRD skid plate, RCi gas tank skid plate

Those taillights have a 1 year warranty. At least that's what I was told when I bought them. Could always try that before spending another $130+. Try contacting the seller or depo and see what they say. I have had mine since February without issue. Hope it's not common.

Products Discussed in

To Top