Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Stock headlights + led offroad lights?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Stock headlights + led offroad lights?

A question for those with led offroad lights. Do you run the stock halogen bulbs with a led lightbar? I'd like to get a light bar but kinda worried it will look goofy with regular bulbs and the led lights
Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
x2

Are you asking if they replace their halogen bulbs in the stock headlamps with LED bulbs to match the LED light bars? Because otherwise mixing halogen stocks with LED aftermarkets looks weird?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you're throwing all that light downrange who cares what it looks like? Shouldn't be shining it at oncoming traffic and the light bar will likely flood out your headlights.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
x2

Are you asking if they replace their halogen bulbs in the stock headlamps with LED bulbs to match the LED light bars? Because otherwise mixing halogen stocks with LED aftermarkets looks weird?
Pretty much. Be it replacing with led or hid. Can't find any pictures that show the halogen head lights with an led bar at night
Old 08-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If that's the question, I wouldn't overthink it so much. If you want them to match, get LED headlight lamps. Only the road will see your lamps, and a few critters somewhere, and they wont care if you have halogen headlamps and LED bars.

If you can afford to match all your light sources, go for it. If not, I think the only one who it will bother is you!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
Pretty much. Be it replacing with led or hid. Can't find any pictures that show the halogen head lights with an led bar at night
Meh, I'm sure there's a lot of them on TW. Not everybody runs HID headlamps and even less people have LED lamps in their stock housings. I'd just buy the lightbar and install it, and if it bugs you that they mismatch then you can buy better halogen bulbs, upgrade to HID or LED and call it a day. It's really limited to what YOU want your truck to look like, nobody else will give it a second thought in this case, I dont think
Old 08-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I run halogen with LED bars / duallies. Works like a damn charm
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #9

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I run halogen with LED bars / duallies. Works like a damn charm
Possible to get a night time shot? I'm looking at a led bar on Amazon has spots on the outer And a flood in the center. Do you need two switches to operate them?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
Believe all the dual mode bars are single switch and the spot/flood runs simultaneously.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #11
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why halogen headlights would be a problem with a LED bar. I upgraded my headlights to HID via retrofit because I like the output from HIDs. I also swapped my factory fogs to the TRS xB LED kit.

As far as the color difference goes, I have amber lenses on my duallys to help cut through dusty/snowy conditions. Compare that that to white of the HIDs and fogs.

Here is an output shot with the HIDs, LED Fogs, and Rigid Dually's (Before I installed the covers) on.

Here is a shot of the truck with everything on at night

Finally, a daytime shot of where I have everything mounted.