Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Turn Signal Mirrors

Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Turn Signal Mirrors

Didn't find anything related to this idea in a search so I thought I'd ask...

Has anyone tried to modify their mirrors to have turn signals built in? I'm considering doing it, but though I'd look for some input.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
ianham is on a distinguished road
ianham's Tacoma Gallery
I found these
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0269.htm
Pretty damn expensive tho.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Yeah thats what I'm lookin at making, but definitely not buying them. I'll probably buy some red LEDs and drill into the mirror from the back to a depth not to exceed and crack the glass. Use some light epoxy to seal them in place, wire them in line with the blinkers and go! Have to be careful not to mount them too deep though, I don't want glare that I can see from my seat.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Yeah thats what I'm lookin at making, but definitely not buying them. I'll probably buy some red LEDs and drill into the mirror from the back to a depth not to exceed and crack the glass. Use some light epoxy to seal them in place, wire them in line with the blinkers and go! Have to be careful not to mount them too deep though, I don't want glare that I can see from my seat.
I'd be thinking about filing instead of drilling.

The closest thing I've seen is the heated side mirrors.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Inundated is on a distinguished road
Inundated's Tacoma Gallery
I think I may buy the turn signal mirrors. Nobody on this forum has done this yet?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in how this turns out. I've never thought those things are necessary, so agree w/ you that buying them is too much. It does sound like a fun DIY project, though.

Good luck, and post pics soon!