1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 vrs. 2012 OEM fog light switch differences

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sawspatch, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Sep 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    Sawspatch

Sawspatch [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    "11 pre runner SR5 4-cyl.
    I have a 2011 Prerunner , came without fog lights but I want to add them.
    I have a fog light switch from a 2012 that I would like to use.
    Is there any difference between the 2011 vrs. 2012 switches ? Is the wiring plug a different size or shape? Are the wires arranged different in the plug? Will I have a problem using a 2012 switch with a fog light kit for a 2011?

2. Sep 5, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    Comparing the two (2011 & 2012) they both are the same so it really shouldn't make a difference if that is what your main concern is? Looks like both are just plug n use, no real major difference? But if you still have doubts, suggest then that you contact the dealership and inquire?

Here are pictures for comparison, the left fog light switch is from a 2011 the one on the right is from a 2012.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bu...rand-new-oem-fog-light-switch-no-harness.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/227655-2012-oem-tacoma-foglight-switch.html

2011 Tacoma fog light switch.jpg
    2012 fog light switch.jpg

3. Sep 5, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    the difference is the back lighting color of the switch illumination.

Products Discussed in

To Top