1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would appreciate help identifying HID bulb type

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by phiii, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Sep 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    phiii

phiii [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off-Road Double Cab Manual Army Green
    I just bought a used 2013 Tacoma, and it has blue headlights like HID. I didn't realize it was a different type of bulb entirely, until I went to replace the burned out headlight today. There are few markings on the HID kit, but I took some pictures and I was hoping someone might be able to help me identify what type of bulb it is so I can buy a replacement. On what looks like some kind of rectifier or regulator, there's a tag that reads: 2106 DC 35 W H4 6000K Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. Sep 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    theblindchicken

theblindchicken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    '74 K10
    HID's, LED Dash swap, LED reverse lights, 15"x10" 5 slot mags, sliding rear window, 20gal aux. DS fuel tank,
    Before you buy a set of bulbs, take the "burned out" one and swap it with the working one.

If it works, the ballast has gone bad. If it didn't, then the bulb is dead and you'd need a new set of bulbs.

3. Sep 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    ColeTrain

ColeTrain Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma
    Tinted driver pass window 35%, Airaid cold air intake, duel custom exhaust magnaflow cans and tips, toytec 3" lift bilstien 5100 front rear, add a leaf in the rear, throttle body spacer, grillcraft grill top and bottom, trd bronze 16" bead lock rims, led switch back signals, led lights in rear, tinted tail lights, bed rug bed liner,
    You answered the question yourself. And the fact its an HID kit does not change the number. You have a 35 Watt HID kit. Tacoma's fit a H4 bulb type, and 6000K which would be the color, white is like a diamond white.

So you will be looking for a 6000K Bi-xenon bulb, that is a H4 fitment. Also try and stick with same brand for color sameness and quality i guess. Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top