1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRS Morimoto LED Fogs - Lights from the Retrofit Source

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SilverJack, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sep 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    No I did adjust them all the way down and they were just still way to bright so thats why I took them off.

2. Sep 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    sr5vic

sr5vic Buy & Hodl

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    295/70/17 Geolander G003 M/T's, 17" Work S1HC's, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, King 2.5 EXT Coilovers, King 2.5 Tundra Rears, Total Chaos UCA's, Total Chaos LCA's, BruteForce Fab Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs w/ D29XL AAL, 'OCTACO' Custom SS Brake Lines, Extended R.Diff Breather, RDI Aluminum Skid Plates, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Yellow Fog Lights, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Clear Front Spot Lights & Rear Work Lights TRD PRO Grill, TRD PRO Headlights, US Offroad Winch Mount, SmittyBilt X2O 10k Winch, RotoPax 2Gal. Fuel & Water Canisters , VIAIR Constant Duty OBA System, Custom Bussmann RTMR Panel, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, StopTech Slotted Rotors, TRD Brake Pads, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR 500 Relay, Dometic CFX40 w/ slide
    Awesome thread! Just ordered a set from TRS! :) can't wait!

HID'S require a projector to properly aim them. The fog lights were never designed for them, so I'm not suprised you were blinding people. Good on ya for taking them out! A lot of people continue to blind.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  3. Sep 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    SilverJack

SilverJack [OP] no one

Member:
    OK, so I tried to get some pictures of the light patterns this morning. Road pictures didn't seem to work, so I lined up with my garage. You can't see how far the light project, but you get an idea of beam pattern, color and intensity.

First shot was just DRLs (damn they are bright)

[​IMG]

Next is the fogs and parking lights (If I aimed them up, I could probably use them as low beam)

[​IMG]

and finally, lowbeams and fogs. The camera had to adjust for all that light, so it actually appears darker. You can see the color difference.

[​IMG]

4. Sep 25, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yup exactly and it was just the straight bulb showing without any projectors or any other kind of reflector. I'm glad I eventually took them out cause I hate other drivers that blind!!

5. Oct 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Those look sweet!

Products Discussed in