1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retrofit Halo Splicing Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bandrews212, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Sep 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    Bandrews212

Bandrews212 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSB SR5 4x4
    GoRhino Dominator II steps, Debadged on tailgate, blacked out side badges, Coverking Seat Covers, Weather Tech Wind Deflectors, Pioneer head unit, Retrofits by ambiguous, LED Dome, Maps, and Fogs, Ultragauge, Satashi Grill
    So I installed retrofits by ambiguous this weekend and they look awesome. The only thing I am having trouble with is wiring the halos to the parking lights. I was following this thread:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/252776-hid-install-how-ambiguous-retrofit.html
    So I know which wires to splice but I don't know how to do it because the wires that came in the box for the halos look like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am not sure how to splice with the metal tips. Would it be easier to just cut them off and use plastic splice connects instead?

2. Sep 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    They are shipping these with connectors like that and not providing the harness they go in to.

There is supposed to be a 9006 female harness they clip into where you would plug a 9006 harness into and use the bare wires from that.

But like you said you will have to just cut them off and splice them to whatever you wish.

I had a spare corner lamp socket (the long one) so I cut it apart, used the plug and soldered those wires to the wires that go to the halo and plugged it in to my OEM corner light plug that way OEM wiring was not affected. The corner bulb is still in place just not functional. I can go back to stock any time as I have spares.

3. Sep 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    Bandrews212

Bandrews212 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSB SR5 4x4
    GoRhino Dominator II steps, Debadged on tailgate, blacked out side badges, Coverking Seat Covers, Weather Tech Wind Deflectors, Pioneer head unit, Retrofits by ambiguous, LED Dome, Maps, and Fogs, Ultragauge, Satashi Grill
    Okay thanks. I'll just cut them off and splice them

Products Discussed in

To Top