Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

20" LED Light Comparison!!

Old 10-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
20" LED Light Comparison!!

These are both Single Row LED Bars. And I wasn't seriously injured in the accident nor was the other driver.

20" Aurora LED Bar:

VS

20" Rigid Industries LED Bar:

Unfortunately the camera does not do either of these justice. Both are extremely bright. One is half the cost without the warranty. The other is a pretty penny but comes with a lifetime warranty. The Aurora bar survived a T-Bone accident:
My truck:

There Car:

It survived but did not come out undamaged:
Left Side:

Right Side:

The lens is intact and all of the LEDs still light up (for now)

I took both lights with a Optima Yellow Top and clean wires, I cleaned the glass on the Aurora Bar the Rigid was never installed so no cleaning required. Here is a side by side comparison:

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

The left is the Aurora and the Right is Rigid.

One last comparison shot the all important reflectors:

The one with the RI on the side is the Rigid. Not sure if it will be upper or lower picture.

Hope this helps out the community. I had a hard time finding a side by side comparison. I'll also be doing a side by side write up on my DDM Tuning HID kit. I have a 55w Hi/Lo 6000k vs 55w Hi/Lo 5000k side by side comparison for color. It can be found here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=348687
Old 10-19-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
NJDBFTW
The Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hunter
The Hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice man. Would have liked to see what that rigid looked like after the crash.

Gonna have to crash again
Old 10-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #3
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Very nice man. Would have liked to see what that rigid looked like after the crash.

Gonna have to crash again
Lol I'll leave that up to someone else. I'm sure the rigid would hold up though it feels like better quality then the Aurora.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Looks like the RI is a little brighter, not enough for me to invest double the cash. Thanks for the pics!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
F*ck It, Why Not!

No problem. That is why I did it.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
So the insurance bought a new 20" lightbar-ie the rigid one? That would be pretty sweet, haha. "Yeah, it was a 50" double row LEDlight bar made by rigid"..."only $1000"
Old 10-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Great post...I have said it a dozen times...if Rigids were noticeably brighter they would have the comparison photos and videos on their website

They are the same as all the Chinese/EBay bars but you are paying 2-3x the price. And as someone said...there is no justification for paying twice the price..actually for my 30" double row...the Rigid was 3X!!! the price of my Ebay bar. I believe Totron makes all the knock off ebay bars..that is why none of them have any name...they wholesale them and everyone brands them with their own name. I've had my ebay LED bar for 2 years now...never had a problem and no condensation......and super bright.

32" double row 180W Cree Totron/Ebay bar $284: