Notices

Implications of disconnecting the battery, 2014 Pre Runner

Old 10-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Cruicad
cruicad is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
cruicad's Tacoma Gallery
Implications of disconnecting the battery, 2014 Pre Runner

So, I am getting ready to do some headlight mods (LED bulbs) and am new at this. To get some room it looks like I will need to move or remove the battery on the driver side and the washer bottle on the passenger side.
I replaced the battery in my wife's Lexus IS350 and then spent more money to "correct" the problem of disconnecting the electrical power.
Does this happen on Tacomas?.
If I disconnect the battery what happens and what can I do to prevent problems.
All help and advice appreciated
Old 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
You'll lose your radio presets and the clock will be wrong.

You'll lose your trip odometer setting (but not the main odometer mileage, obviously)

The engine control computer will re-learn it's settings over a few days. I never even notice process when I disconnect the battery.

You can get one of those little 9v battery cigarette lighter chargers at the auto parts store for a couple bucks if you want - they'll keep a tiny bit of current going to the electronics.