1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spyder 3rd gen CCFL/LED issue

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SPounce, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Nov 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM
    SPounce

SPounce [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5
    AFE Stage 2 a cold Air intake IPCW tail lights IPCW Bermuda 3 brake light Spyder Headlights HID kit 285/70/17 tires 3" lift Waiting for Homertaco to finish my Raptor grill.
    I was hoping someone could help me with an issue on the Spyder (3rd gen) headlights.
    So tore apart my front end so I could remove the OEM headlights. Before installing my aftermarkets I tested them on the battery and both CCFL And LEDs lit up just fine. When I hook the wires up to the Parking light/Marker light only the CCFL worked.

I though I had already messed the LEDS up. So I disconnected from the Parking Light and connect back up to the battery and to my surprise both CCFL and LEDs work. Hooked back up to the Parking lights and same thing happened, CCFL were good to go but LEDs did not light up. So I tried the other side and same thing happened with the other set.

I am very confused why this is happening.
    Things I tried: Removing tap connects that had the CCFL linked with the LEDs and then took a set of the LEDS only and hooked them to the battery and they worked fine. So then took only the LEDS and hooked them into the Parking Light and again same issue LEDs not responding. Ran my volt meter and the Parking Light were giving the standard 12V just like the battery.

I am not sure what is going on here but it's frustrating. Has anyone else ran into this broblem or have a fix to where they run off the Parking lights?
    Thanks

2. Nov 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    Try reversing the polarity to the LEDs.

3. Nov 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    SPounce

SPounce [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5
    AFE Stage 2 a cold Air intake IPCW tail lights IPCW Bermuda 3 brake light Spyder Headlights HID kit 285/70/17 tires 3" lift Waiting for Homertaco to finish my Raptor grill.
    Thanks, that did the trick so white with green and black with white. Everything works great now to get the lines to stop showing on the projectors!

Products Discussed in

To Top