Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Brite Ass LEDs

Old 11-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Brite Ass LEDs

I had an HID bulb burn out last week. So I found a few good reviews on a new LED company local to me (Brite Ass LEDs) and placed my order tonight for a pair of H4/9003 bulbs. They're on backorder so hopefully I'll have them in a few weeks and I'll post some pictures up. Everything I've read so far looks good.

UPDATE:
Install went smoothly, and lights look great. Customer service was great as well, with promt and personal email updates.

UPDATE: 11/30/2014
As it turns out, I had managed to install the bulbs incorrectly into the housing which was throwing off the beam pattern. I was working in the dark and in a hurry during the initial install, hence the error. Now that the bulbs are in right, the throw is much cleaner and I'm pleased with the results. The product is definitely high quality as you will find when you open the box. The only negative thing I can say about them is that there isn't a big difference between the low beams and the high beams.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for pics
Old 11-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Got an email today saying the lights have shipped so I should have them in the next couple days.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
xsteinbachx is on a distinguished road
xsteinbachx's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like they're throwing light everywhere without any cutoffs...

I love the light output, but you're going to blind EVERYONE.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
can you post a pic of light against a wall, it looks like yours are aimed maybe too high.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Stock housings? They look like they throw vertically and not horizontally?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I assume they're more functional than the pics show, the hi/lows aren't terribly different in output or throw.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #11

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Yes there's definitely a difference in the hi/low beams. The pictures were taken with my Galaxy S5 so its difficult to get good night time photos.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #12
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I see a ton of scatter
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #13
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine tonight also. Is it right for the low beams to be the upper housing and hi beams light up the lower part? That's how mine are
Old 11-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDfarmerTN View Post
I just installed mine tonight also. Is it right for the low beams to be the upper housing and hi beams light up the lower part? That's how mine are
could be

the bottom of the reflector bowl probably casts the light UP, and the upper part of the reflector bowl casts light DOWN.

I could see that happening
Old 11-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Just Lurking in the Darkness
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDfarmerTN View Post
This is correct. Halogen bulbs have a small "shield" that prevents the light from the low beam filament from reflecting off of the lower portion of the reflector. The high beam filament sits a little further back and radiates light in a 360 degree pattern. These LED bulbs do something similar by having separate LEDs on the top and bottom of the bulb.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #16

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, mine are opposite and seem to light up the bottom portion with the low beams on. I'm starting to think my bulbs are in the wrong way
Old 11-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #17
xsteinbachx is on a distinguished road
xsteinbachx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP_29 View Post
Hmm, mine are opposite and seem to light up the bottom portion with the low beams on. I'm starting to think my bulbs are in the wrong way
If you do fix it I'd love go see some cutoff lines at night still.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #18
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
First night of driving was good with them. Good light output and I didn't get bright lighted once!! To where with my hids I had it was a every few miles occurrence! Haha
Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #19
BriteAssLEDs is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
BriteAssLEDs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP_29 View Post
The top portion should light up with the low beams on and both the top and bottom should light up with the high beams on. Did you get that figured out? They should only fit in the housings one way. Give us a call if you need help.