1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID High/Low stuck problem

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Project Taco, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Nov 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    Project Taco

Project Taco [OP] Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    06 Base v6
    Blacked out emblem (plastidip), JVC double din head unit, Rockford Fosgate component speakers, Kenwood KAC amp, Alpine type R 10" sub. retrofitted headlights.
    Just bought some retrofits off a fellow member and they work awesome but they seemed to be aimed a little off and the passenger side is stuck on high beam.
    Highs on
    IMG_3638.jpg
    No highs
    IMG_8936.jpg

Edit:Sorry about the flipped pics anyone know how to fix

2. Nov 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    fergyz

fergyz Mmmm...Tacos

Member:
    49th State
    Vehicle:
    06' DBC 4x4 6spd
    Looks like the passenger side is just stuck in the low position. What type of retrofit is it? Bulb type?

At a minimum, check the wiring harness at the bulb. Make sure the little connector is plugged in tight. This controls the high low function. Check to see if this fixes it.

Pull the bulb out and carefully reset the bulb into the base. Reinstall and check operation. be careful to not get finger prints on the bulb.

Still having issues... check to see if the hi/lo connector has 12v (might be less) at the connector when high beams are on. No voltage will result in a bad relay/harness. Replace relay/relay harness.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  3. Nov 25, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    ^^^ Like he said check all the wire connections and wiggle here and there. When I got my retrofits done they wouldnt always go on high beam cause those plastic connectors werent very secure so I slapped on some electrical tape and now they work fine. It also appears that the passenger side is just in the low beam position how mine would get.

Edit: Oh and keep your lights on the high beam position when you mess with the wires.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top