1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on Lightbars: Thinking of offering cheap high quality alternatives

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Iggy, Dec 8, 2014.

?

Which size do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2015.
  1. 7.5"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 21.5"

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. 31.5"

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. 41.5"

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. 50"

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  6. Other - Post in thread

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Dec 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    Iggy

Iggy [OP] Vagabond Outdoors

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Off-Road Access Cab
    Check out the build
    Hi TW,

By chance I have developed a good relationship with a Chinese supplier of high quality LED lights. I am thinking of bringing a few off these in and offering them to members., but I wanted to get some opinions first.

I thought about doing a GB, but I'd rather order a few and offer them in small quantities that way I can offer a piece of mind with a warranty and replacements if the need arrises.

The other thing is I'd like to offer LED lights that are not currently saturating the market. I don't want to be another Chinese LED importer, instead I want to offer cheap, high quality alternatives to some of the newer high end lights.

So here's what I can get and a rough price. What do you all think? What sizes are popular and what options are you looking for?

These are new 4D Hyper spot optics which increase the brightness almost 4 times over the standard light bar. These are 2 row with 3w CREE LED's and mil spec breathers. I can get Spot, Flood or Combo

• 7.5" $60
    • 21.5" $150
    • 31.5" $220
    • 41.5" $290
    • 50" $380

I can also get 10W CREE single rows, standard double rows and 9" LED round lights. I can get covers and harnesses as well.

Let me know what you guys think about pricing and light layouts. If there is interest in will order the min of the most popular size and test them out.

Thanks for your time and I hope to bring these over!

2. Dec 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    RacecarGuy

RacecarGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB OR
    Pelfreybilt front and rear HC bumper w/swingout, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff skid, Pelfreybilt IFS and Trans skid, RCI gas tank skid, Bronze SCS F-5's, Icon RR's ext travel, Dakar leafs, Archive Garage shackle flip
    I would be interested in a 50" curved.

Any literature about the 4D Hyper Spot Optics? Curious if its just marketing or what?

3. Dec 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    I can get those too, but I don't know if they come in the hyper spot.

The 4D's come with what looks like a lens that amplifies the light. The only other company that I know that does this is Rigid. These are obviously not Rigids but the only generic version available.

4. Dec 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    Ok, I finally got these in and they look great! I need to get some good photos of them turned on. I tested them out and they have a nice center hot spot that should provide a long throw.

Here are some quick pics of the lenses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should be able to do an intro pricing on these for $180 shipped on the 20". These first 6 I'll even throw in a wire harness.

More pics and info to come.

5. Dec 28, 2014 at 9:51 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build

I agree. And cheap in this case is simply referring to the price.

I know it's rare to get an opportunity like this to have both quality and price. I have the advantage of not having a great deal of overhead so I only need to mark up to make up for my time in ordering and packing the lights. I'm a stickler for quality so these are products I am willing to put my name behind them.

More info to follow!

6. Dec 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    man, if that were the price of a 50" I would be interested. Especially if its curved.

7. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    I'm working on curved pricing. I don't mind ordering some but I have minimums to fulfill and I don't want to get my money stuck if they are too expensive.

What price would make the 50s attractive?

8. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    mattsowell

mattsowell Ridiculously lazy member

Member:
    kamloops, bc
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD DC SB sport debadged
    no seatbelt chime, stubby antenna, 5100's front and back with AAL, offset rims with Dura-Trac rubber, weathertec mats, Image Dynamic sub with 5 channel Amp and Kenwood Deck with steering wheel control, PIA bulbs, K&N air filter, ARB Delux front bumper
    I'd possibly be interested in the 31 or 41 in a combo. I am a little concerned with it being "no name" since I only really want to buy my lightbar once. That being said the prices of those Rigid and Visionx are just so ridiculous. What do you think shipping to BC will be on that?

9. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Dirt Head

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Kings, Armor, big taaaarrrs
    Did you get any 31.5's? Or just the 20? Bring one by if you ever come by to test your switch panel out... My old 32" has just about run it's last race.

10. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    If you had some LED pods I would be interested.

11. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build

I'm right there with you about a no name product. I wouldn't offer these if I wouldn't run them myself, and I personally would not sell you something I wouldn't first spend my own money on.

I'm trying to get the best pricing so I am including shipping in the cost. Final intro price is $180 shipped and I'll include a wire harness with these first 6, 20" bars I have if you want it.

12. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build

Just the 20s right now. I'll order some 30s and maybe some 50s if these 20s sell.

I'll defiantly bring one for you to check out! They are really nice and bright. I'll give you a call to see if you can meet this weekend dude.

13. Dec 28, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build

I have some 2"x2" single 10W CREE pods that I got for motor bike dudes and camp lighting under my RTT.

I'm still working on a final price for those. It's looking like maybe $40-45 shipped, but I haven't fully priced them out yet.

I can maybe get the 4 LED pods but almost everyone carries those. Unless I can get them in these new lenses I may not carry them in stock, but I could do a GB if there is enough interest.

14. Dec 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    Catcrazed

Catcrazed Love is Dogs and Toyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Flatbed 3.4
    91 Flatbed, 4.88's, ARBs, SAS, 3.4 Swap, 35s, M8000, lots lights, Aux tank, Protech
    Wow that new lens looks cool & has me interested.
    You need to look up & post the Lumen rating for each size.
    Do they have the weather proof connectors/harness?

The price is fair & I'll give it to you it the 1st I've seen with the new lens.
    But there are others selling a regular lens straight for $220 shipped, including a harness.
    Locally I can get a 31.5 straight for $150 with no harness.

I'm not trying to put you down cause that new lens could be a game changer & I hope it is.
    Like I said my suggestions would be include harness & shipping. Post Lumen rating & night shots.
    I'd be down to try out prob a 31.5" If convinced the new lens if worth it.
    I hope I worded this in as helpful a way as poss.

15. Dec 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    Bryan,

Thanks for the input! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

The harnesses are weather proof with DT plugs, which is what all the name brands use.

Right now my pricing is $180 shipped for the 20 without a harness and $205 shipped with one. Does that sounds fair?

The other thing is I can get non cree versions (osrams) for cheaper and maybe get that price before shipping, but like I said earlier, I only want to use the best components available. I know I may not have the cheapest lights out there, but I'm focused on quality and if I can get close to the cheapest stuff on the market I say we have a win scenario.

I'm working on getting more pics. I'm going to build a test harness to be able to test these lights on the fly and report back.

Thanks!

16. Dec 29, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    Bengland25

Bengland25 Never Forget! 343

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    Would love to know more about getting a 50" curved. If you can get one with a combo pattern and those fancy new lenses with the Crees I would more then likely be in!

You have experience with the durability of these lights and how well they do in inclement weather?

17. Dec 29, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    Bradley,

I don't have any experience with the light bar, but I've have 9" round LED lights that I have from the same company and they have held up great. Cold, wet, and vibrated to death on washboards and they have held up like no other.

That's why I'm giving these bars a try. They seem to be build to the same standards, so with this level of quality, price, and I'm building a good relationship with the factory, I can't keep it all to myself!

18. Dec 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    single cab

single cab Well-Known Member

Member:
    upstate ny
    Vehicle:
    2012 Single cab 4x4 mt
    What's the difference with the osrams? I've seen that their brighter then cree but haven't seen a real world side by side.

19. Dec 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    Iggy

Member:
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    Check out the build
    Cree seems to carry a more recognizable name even though Osrams have been around forever. I chose cree since they are US based, but I can get either.

I just looked at my price sheets and Osrams are more expensive. They 20" bars would be $30 more expensive if I use Osram.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  20. Dec 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Wow those look cool, might have to switch out my old 41.5" for this :popcorn:

Products Discussed in

To Top