1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash and radio lights issue

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Myz250f, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    Myz250f

Myz250f [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    daniel
    New York
    exhaust, headlight bulbs, k&n intake, programer, toytec boss front coil overs, toytec boss rear shocks, sway bar relocation, Dakar leaf pak, oc taco extended stainless steel break lines (red), kicker component front speakers, kicker 2 way rear speakers, pioneer head unit, mtx thunder amp, reverse light bulbs
    i will start out with the obvious
    i have a 2007 toyota tacoma double cab trd sb

my dash (rpm,mph, gas, battery, temp, and cd player) will not light up when my head lights or day time running lights are on.

i detailed my truck today.
    washed and waxed,vacuumed, cleaned wheels and most importantly to the subject cleaned my engine bay with light soap, hot water in bucket and colder water from the hose. air temp in my town in ny was 55f so i took advantage of the "high air tempo and day off and cleaned the vehicle

i drove the truck to a Christmas party and everything was fine

i went to leave (air temp 30f) and i did not have night time gauge cluster lights or cd play lights
    the drive home was 10 min long and i left the truck running for another 5 min hopping what ever got wet may dry out as the engine bay warmed up

when i got home i check all other lights and electronics and everything ran fine besides the gauge cluster and cd player night time lights.

i then turned the truck off popped the hood, disconnected the battery and re connected the battery thinking it may reset the issue .

it did not work.

will recheck on my way into work for a 24 at the fd in the am and will report back with a status update

any thoughts on the issue?

i think i may have a blown fuse.?

will study fuse box tm when i can to figure out what fuse it may be

Products Discussed in

To Top