Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Looking for Off-Road Lights...Want Advice

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 AM   #21
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by argm31i View Post
So, I measured my brushguard...and it's about 10.5 inches in front of the grill (where the lights would go), so that means that if I get the 9 inch ones, it would take up almost 90% of the total area there...which means I'm leaning towards the compact ones simply to be sure that I don't block off too much of the airflow through the radiator.
Going with the smaller ones might not be that bad. As far as blocking air flow, your not going to have a problem.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #22
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think air flow will be a problem but i think the smaller ones would look better.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i dont think air flow will be a problem but i think the smaller ones would look better.
the smaller ones should yield almost as much useable light as the bigger ones, not to mention they'll save you some money, look sleeker, and may even be less of a drain on your battery to keep them running. i want a westin bull bar with just two small hella lights and thats it, until i decide if i wanna do a roof bar or not when i pursue my tacoma prerunner-trophy truck prerunner ideas next year
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM   #24
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
update--//bump bump//--- just decided bull bars are too big. i want a small light bar like "fitter" fabbed up for his. anybody know where i can find one?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #25
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
update--//bump bump//--- just decided bull bars are too big. i want a small light bar like "fitter" fabbed up for his. anybody know where i can find one?
I am in the same boat with you. I want what I had on my 04, which was a westin "Safari" bar
link

Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom Westin does not make a mounting kit for this bar for the gen 2 trucks.

I am leaning toward ordering the mounting kit for the current generation 4-runner and seing if I can either adapt that to mount to the taco, or fabing up a mount myself.

I'll keep you posted as I get to it or get more information.

Products Discussed in this Thread