1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for Off-Road Lights...Want Advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by argm31i, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Nov 2, 2007 at 6:22 AM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Going with the smaller ones might not be that bad. As far as blocking air flow, your not going to have a problem.

2. Nov 2, 2007 at 7:56 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i dont think air flow will be a problem but i think the smaller ones would look better.

3. Nov 2, 2007 at 9:18 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    the smaller ones should yield almost as much useable light as the bigger ones, not to mention they'll save you some money, look sleeker, and may even be less of a drain on your battery to keep them running. i want a westin bull bar with just two small hella lights and thats it, until i decide if i wanna do a roof bar or not when i pursue my tacoma prerunner-trophy truck prerunner ideas next year

4. Nov 13, 2007 at 12:31 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    update--//bump bump//--- just decided bull bars are too big. i want a small light bar like "fitter" fabbed up for his. anybody know where i can find one?

5. Nov 13, 2007 at 6:12 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I am in the same boat with you. I want what I had on my 04, which was a westin "Safari" bar
    link

Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom Westin does not make a mounting kit for this bar for the gen 2 trucks.

I am leaning toward ordering the mounting kit for the current generation 4-runner and seing if I can either adapt that to mount to the taco, or fabing up a mount myself.

I'll keep you posted as I get to it or get more information.

Products Discussed in

To Top