Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light Mod

Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light Mod

For those of you who want to have your Fog lights on anyting you want and not just when your low beams are on then it is as simple as the following.

Locate the Fog light relay in the engine fuse box. Remove the relay and turn it so that the spades are facing you. I made three short wires with a female and male end spade connectors. Attach the female ends to all the male spades on the relay exept the top left spade. Now take the male ends of those wires and plug them in to their respective locations on the fuse panel. Now make a longer wire with a female spade connector and attach to the top left position of the relay. Take the wire and feed it through the bottom of the fuse panel and run it along the wire housing to the front corner marker. Connect this wire to the hot lead and your done.

I have seen other mods where they are connecting it to the EFI fuse... don't think this is a wise way to go. I heard that if you do the fog lights come on around 4 hrs later for about a minute.

If you do it my way the fog light will operate just like your regular lights.. Fog lights will run if you want them to if you have just the running lights on or the low beams or the high beams. Also, they will turn off on there own when you turn off the ignition and open the door, just like your headlights.

PS... Make sure you use the corner marker light... not the turn signal light. Unless you like a light show
Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
For those of you who want to have your Fog lights on anyting you want and not just when your low beams are on then it is as simple as the following.

Locate the Fog light relay in the engine fuse box. Remove the relay and turn it so that the spades are facing you. I made three short wires with a female and male end spade connectors. Attach the female ends to all the male spades on the relay exept the top left spade. Now take the male ends of those wires and plug them in to their respective locations on the fuse panel. Now make a longer wire with a female spade connector and attach to the top left position of the relay. Take the wire and feed it through the bottom of the fuse panel and run it along the wire housing to the front corner marker. Connect this wire to the hot lead and your done.

I have seen other mods where they are connecting it to the EFI fuse... don't think this is a wise way to go. I heard that if you do the fog lights come on around 4 hrs later for about a minute.

If you do it my way the fog light will operate just like your regular lights.. Fog lights will run if you want them to if you have just the running lights on or the low beams or the high beams. Also, they will turn off on there own when you turn off the ignition and open the door, just like your headlights.

PS... Make sure you use the corner marker light... not the turn signal light. Unless you like a light show
this sounds like a badass idea, i've always loved how my buddy's tahoe will run the foglights without the headlights on. so this really does work huh? i tried the black headlight mod and melted my headlight cuz nobody told me to turn the oven off before i stick it in there lol
Old 11-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
bao523 is on a distinguished road
bao523's Tacoma Gallery
just finished the mod. took me about 30 mins cause i took my time and made it as clean as i could. very easy. thanks for the write up. it looks cool when i drive with just fogs on.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i forgot about this thread lol but i did the fog light mod last week, and my truck looks badass now with the bhlm done and driving around with just the fogs on (they're both tinted deep yellow)
Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Stock Work Truck, urgh...
subspd is on a distinguished road
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
SO i tried the link to TN and none of the pictures worked??? Does anyone have a nice write-up with photos on the best way to get the Fogs to come on anytime?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #7
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post

The way U did it there's only 1 wire, and they don't come on later....
Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
shorephone is on a distinguished road
shorephone's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly where is the relay, can't find that info.