1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need assistance (U Bar Headlights)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AdamsTaco, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Feb 6, 2015 at 7:33 AM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    Recently purchased the ANZO U-Bar headlights. I enjoy their look but not too satisfied with the brightness of the halogen bulb and wanting to purchase a better set. Not sure what size to purchase because I'm pretty sure it is not the same as stock. I have emailed the company and received zero response. I am no expert and I've been reading many Lighting Threads and never even knew about retrofit headlights until after purchasing the lights, so just trying to make the best of what I own now. I've been looking into the Cree LED headlights or sticking with Halogen because that is what it came with. Thanks in advance for the help/comments.

2. Feb 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    fergyz

fergyz Mmmm...Tacos

Member:
    49th State
    Vehicle:
    06' DBC 4x4 6spd
    you need to pull the bulb... there is a good chance the number will be printed on the base of the bulb. if not, take pictures of the bulb and post'em.

EDIT* bulb is H9

3. Feb 6, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    Yeah, H9 - pulled bulb after I posted. I guess just have to order the H9 LEDs now. Thanks much sir.

4. Feb 6, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    fergyz

fergyz Mmmm...Tacos

Member:
    49th State
    Vehicle:
    06' DBC 4x4 6spd
    i like the idea of LED headlight bulbs... but i am not sure of the output would be since a quick look shows them with an LED only on one face of the bulb. normal bulbs output light in all diections... well almost all diections. idk.

5. Feb 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    While I was researching the LEDs, I emailed a support agent and he stated LEDs aren't suggested for low beam/high beam due to the scatter of the light. I'll just take my time and research some more. Someone mentioned ZXE or something and many others agreed with the product. We will see, Thanks again for your input.

6. Feb 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    meh I'd stick with halogen. i got to ask how is the cutoff and output on those lights? I've seen other pics and asked another user on here but not many people have the Tacoma U Bar headlights. is it at least as good as stock in both hi/low beam?

7. Feb 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    JdevTac - I personally do not feel the u bar is worth the money after researching others whom have retrofit theirs, but I do like the slick simple design still. The halogen bulbs that come with the purchase I do not feel are any better than stock. Actually I think stock is better bro. I also had to realign them after install. The horizontal adjustment is simple but the vertical adjustment was extreme pain to get to. I'm still considering the LEDs though. Who knows I'll figure something out. Enjoy your weekend bud.

8. Feb 6, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Well that's a bummer:/ I'll just keep saving for retrofits, but I'll have to pay up because I'm too afraid to do it myself lol.

Thanks for the info!

Products Discussed in

To Top