1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinker/parking light mod help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cdelgado14, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Feb 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM
    cdelgado14

cdelgado14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alice,Texas
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged micro machine ;)
    Bilstein 3 inch w/ 5100's
    2012 tacoma TRD sport

I looked at some threads on TW..and found one from 2008 that I decided to follow.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods-10.html#post64696
    I only did the driver side..and the parking light doesn't blink when the parking lights are off,but when they are on it works.The color coding wires used in the thread I posted are a little different then mine.i don't want to jack anything up.any help is appreciated!i know I'm making this header then it really is :(:confused:

2. Feb 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    Here is a link to the way I did it. I used the same thread as the basis but I updated the colors to what they are on my truck (don't know for sure if yours will be the same). On mine the side marker blinks the same way as the drivers side shown in the original thread. The one strange thing I have noticed is the side markers don't stay lit if I only have the parking lights on and release the parking brake. The do light up when the headlights are on.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/332229-parking-light-turn-signals.html

Hope this helps.

3. Feb 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    cdelgado14

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alice,Texas
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the reply!ill try this tomorrow sometime.ill keep ya updated :thumbsup:

4. Feb 18, 2015 at 8:11 PM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Just did this. When lights are turned on, they alternate and both are bright. However, when the lights are turned off, they do not alternate and corner lights are dim.

5. Feb 19, 2015 at 6:07 PM
    cdelgado14

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alice,Texas
    Vehicle:
    Finally got around to it.theybo lu blink when the lights are on.its better then blinking at all.thanks for your help!

Products Discussed in

To Top