1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Make Me A How To Video For $$

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TravelinLight, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:34 AM
    TravelinLight

TravelinLight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayes
    Pensacola, FL
    Bilsteins on front and rear, OME 885 coils, Wheeler's AAL with overload left in, LR UCA's, Stock TRD 17" wheels, 255/75-17 BFG KM tires, VIPMOTOZ headlights, Lifetime LED headlight bulbs, 6000K LED Fog bulbs, Jumper's Interior and license plate LED's, Husky Classic floor mats, OEM bed mat, Leer100R truck shell with carpeted platform, de-badged, white derped grill emblem.
    I'm a bit ashamed to make this request but I've done tons of research and I just can't figure this stuff out. I have absolutely zero knowledge or experience in wiring. I have a camper shell that has the OEM break light/interior light but the wires are just hanging. I want to hook it up in addition to the following.

-2 or 3 LED light strips that are operated by a switch on my dash and a switch in the bed. I've seen some with a dimming feature. That would be sweet!

-Extra battery that runs a power strip for a fan, computer charger, fridge, etc. Battery set up for optimum energy efficiency. (Only for use when camping)

-LED reverse lights mounted under rear bumper that operate when in reverse but also have a on/off switch on the dash.

I want to learn how to do this kind of stuff and I dont want to get ripped off having someone else install it at a shop. There are plenty of you guys that like to show off your skills. There are a lot of people like me that would love to see this shown in a video and would gladly pay for it. Message me and name your price...within reason.

2. Feb 13, 2015 at 1:29 AM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    Check youtube for camper shell third brake light wiring, or manufacturers websites. Its very similar for all trucks. (You just tap into the brake light wires)

There are many setups on TW for the bed lights, even a member selling a kit at a very reasonable price

As for reverse lights, it will depend if you have the tow kit or not (you don't list any info about your truck)

And the dual battery setup, there are kits for that too, but that is much more involved. If you have the bed outlet, there is a 400watt anytime mod write up too. If not, you might find it easier to just add an inverter. I have one with a low voltage shut off to protect my battery. (But I also have a manual so I can bump start it if needs be)

so, what year and model do you have? And how much power do you need for how long?

3. Feb 13, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    If you really want to learn about electricity and electrical controls. Buy a book and take some classes. Not trying to be a a$$ just that it's a widely diversified subject that can't be covered in a couple of vids.
    Good Luck :thumbsup:

4. Feb 13, 2015 at 6:47 AM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    +1 Watching a vid might educate you, but there will be tons of missing information that is glossed over or completely skipped that ultimately make you more knowledgeable about the subject.

5. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:03 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
  6. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM
    clc clc

clc clc Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    I could be wrong but I'm not sure you need a dual battery setup. My shell has a 12v charger in the rear thats always hot and I believe it's battery-fuse-charger. It was installed by the Leer dealer and could check for you. The cost of the dual battery setup could also be a issue. BTW I'm also a noob and I think with beer and pizza you could get some help.

Products Discussed in

To Top