Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DefconBrix :: Headlight Build Collaboration w/ Rechelon Aesthetics :: RECHconbrix

Old 02-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Sergeant of Marines
Name: Sean
DefconBrix's Tacoma Gallery
DefconBrix :: Headlight Build Collaboration w/ Rechelon Aesthetics :: RECHconbrix

Probably one of the most common questions I have gotten over the past year is "when are you going to do your headlights?"
This is often one of the first things people get done and it's one of my last but much needed!

Honestly it was never a huge priority even though I despised the factory chrome look on my all black rig.
Mostly because I didn't know a whole lot about headlights and never took the time to properly research.

But my friends the day is finally upon us!

Burt over at Rechelon Aesthetics really took the time and gave me a crash course on all I needed, or cared, to know and made it easy!

We started collaborating on something that would stand my headlights apart from the rest when he mentioned Hydrodipping and why not incorporate the camo wrap that I have been planning on into the housing. WINNER! The fact that they took the time to research my goals and used their creativity to find a solution really sold me! That kind of customer service and attention to even the smallest of details is very refreshing and flows all the way through to their production process.

quick rendering of the headlight we are building

I wanted to keep it subtle and simple so only the bowl will be hydrodipped in a MultiCam pattern...
the rest of the build is as follows (this could change):

_ 2015 Tacoma TRD PRO headlights
_ FXR Projectors
_ Apollo 1.0 Shroud
_ Bezels Painted Rechtin Black with Black Chrome Corner
_ Black Chrome DTRL / Turn Signal Bowl
_ MultiCam Headlight Bowl
_ Amber LED Halo

We are calling this collaboration build RECHconbrix
Old 02-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Can't wait!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Excited to see these on the truck!

I also offer hydro dipping as an option but nobody has done it yet
Old 02-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future

Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see them on the truck! Burts work is by far the best I have ever seen... I will admit, when he was installing mine I tried really hard to get some details Congrats Brix
Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #7
Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
I also offer hydro dipping as an option but nobody has done it yet
We have... now back on topic.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
Have Lockers will Travel!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how the hydro dip would look on my stock spare?
Old 02-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Kryptec Typhon would look better than multicam... More subtle subdued touch.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
You should totally do that to yours then because I'm a MULTICAM fan, not a Kryptec fan 👍
Old 02-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
jfstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
jfstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #12
Spacer Hater
n.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shedn.gardner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Hooah
Name: Nick
n.gardner's Tacoma Gallery
How can I get in on this ??
Old 02-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #13
CYK is on a distinguished road
CYK's Tacoma Gallery
Less is more here
Old 02-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #14
instagram @defconbrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYK View Post
Less is more here
My thoughts exactly! So stoked to have the RechCrew killing these for me!
Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 AM   #16
instagram @defconbrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
When's the wrap happening for the truck as well?
As soon as I get time to design it... I might work with a bad ass company (name announced soon) to make my idea reality if I run out of time but I plan to have it installed around May timeframe.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:49 AM   #17
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYK View Post
Less is more here
That's what I was saying too...
Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 AM   #18
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite build on TW. And now you added these headlights. Awesome.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #19
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see these. Love this build and looks like it's just getting better.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:15 AM   #20
Tacoitis
Overkill07 is a name known to allOverkill07 is a name known to allOverkill07 is a name known to allOverkill07 is a name known to allOverkill07 is a name known to allOverkill07 is a name known to all

Army: 88M
Name: Warren
Overkill07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconBrix View Post
As soon as I get time to design it... I might work with a bad ass company (name announced soon) to make my idea reality if I run out of time but I plan to have it installed around May timeframe.
Are you worried about pin stripping with a wrap? This is something I've thought of doing on several vehicles I've owned but always have worried about the ability to touch up or the lack of and the issue with replacement when the time comes. I've seen some horror stories upon removal of wraps. Not too friendly on the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
We have... now back on topic.

quick rendering of the headlight we are building
[/QUOTE]

So I can see the housing being hydro dipped but the bowl? Won't this affect your reflective properties of the headlights themselves? Or is it not an issue with the projection lights?