Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID suggestion

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Lifty is on a distinguished road

Lifty's Tacoma Gallery
HID suggestion

I currently have some cheapie aftermarket H4 9003 HB2 bulbs that come with the truck when I purchased it. One of them just went out however and I need to replace them asap.

I don't currently want to embark upon a new light assembly, however I don't want to put cheap crap back into the truck either. The truck does have an aftermarket headlight assembly but I am not sure what the actual quality is or how great the reflectors in them are.

This being said, can anyone offer a suggestion for some replacement HID bulbs?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
None.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
No. Stay stock until you're willing to spend the money to do it right.

Spend a few dollars on a halogen bulb and save your money to get new headlights.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
kemosabee is on a distinguished road

Name: James
kemosabee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kemosabee Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabee
Agreed, don't put HIDs into a non-retrofitted headlight assembly. You'll blind and piss off everyone. Get some good halogens, I picked up these and are brighter than stock bulbs.

Products Discussed in this Thread