LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How to Install Lamin-X fog light covers

Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
How to Install Lamin-X fog light covers

Hey All,

I couldn't find an install guide of this so I made one (or was told to at least).

First things first, all pictures are taken with my iPhone. Sorry.

*Note - You are doing this at your own risk. I'm not responsible for anything related to the install of this product on your vehicle. This is simply a guide to help you when applying Lamin-X fog light covers.

What you will need:

1. Lamin-x fog covers http://www.lamin-x.com/Toyota-Tacoma...ers-p/t112.htm
*Note - This product DOES come with two covers in the package.
2. All purpose cleaner
3. Rag
4. Razor blade

First Step:

Turn the fog lights on. This will help with the cleaning and application of the cover.

Second Step:

Clean those dirty fog lights! Make sure they're free of any particles that are unattractive because you will see them through the cover. I used a natural all purpose cleaner but soap and water will do.

Third Step:

Dry it.

Fourth Step:

Open package and separate the two plastic pieces.

Then, separate the wax paper from the Lamin-X cover.

Don't worry about handeling the covers. It's sticky on one side. I tried not to touch that part, but I don't think it really matters.

*Note - Do not cut the little taps hanging off the cover. These a really helpful.

Fifth Step:

Once removed, pick a fog side of your choice.
Align the middle of the cover to the highest point of the foglight and stick the cover on. Make sure it's center by pushing down the outer circle to the fog lamp with out touching so that it doesn't stick. (i.e. Measure Top, Bottom, Left, and Right parts of the cover to the fog light).

It's really important that the whole fog light is covered and that you measure the top, bottom, etc... totally right. Otherwise, you will have to peel off the cover and that just sucks. (It's not a problem if you do, it's just annoying).

Sixth Step:

This is the hardest part (and the hardest part to explain). Start from the middle point you just alligned and use your fingers (all of them if possible) to EVENLY and SYMMETRICALLY lay down the cover. If you don't do it evenly, you will have large air bubbles. Press and slide with your finger tips like so:

Don't worry about very small air bubbles. They will go away over time through the heat of the light. Mine has to many to count. I'm not stressing it though because the label on the package said this would happen.

Seventh Step:

Now you're ready to cut off the tabs. Take your razor blade and cut them off. Try to cut them with a little roundness. It will make it look better and more professional.

Eighth Step:

Do the other side.

BOOYA!!! Your lights are finished! Here's my truck just after the install.

Light affects on my door.

On at night!

Off in the garage.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice writeup.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Sweet write up man. I personally would not do anything with the lights while they are on. Mainly because the foglight generates so much heat that it may dry up the solution (Windex, rubbing alcohol, etc.) too fast and leave harsh residue basically burnt on there. And taking the foglight housings would give you much more room to work with and avoid hurting your paint.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
Viet2100 ... your making it too much for yourself but hey u got time for it.. anyways hey COREY, thanks a lot for the write up. great job. Your going to get a lot complaments and thats the shit. Ima do mines this sat. so this is going to help a lot thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Sweet write up man. I personally would not do anything with the lights while they are on. Mainly because the foglight generates so much heat that it may dry up the solution (Windex, rubbing alcohol, etc.) too fast and leave harsh residue basically burnt on there. And taking the foglight housings would give you much more room to work with and avoid hurting your paint.
Yea. I believe you. I just found that the cover easily took shape when it was hot and I didn't have any problems with using soap with my lights, but I can see what you mean. Thanks for the input!

C
Old 05-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
nice writeup looks great thanks for taking the time to do it
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WHITETRD View Post
Viet2100 ... your making it too much for yourself but hey u got time for it.. anyways hey COREY, thanks a lot for the write up. great job. Your going to get a lot complaments and thats the shit. Ima do mines this sat. so this is going to help a lot thanks.
Haha. Thanks man. No stress. I appreciate the comments! And you're welcome.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
nice work!! They look great... wish I could say mine looked that good..
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
nice work!! They look great... wish I could say mine looked that good..
Why don't yours look that good?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
this may be a stupid question....

but r these for show or do they have a function??
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
www.EvolvedFinance.com

I think they're for show, but I could be wrong... They protect the lens from getting scratched if nothing else.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone used the blue and have pics, I have indigo ink and wonder if the matching blue would be better than the yellow
Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
www.EvolvedFinance.com

I also read somewhere that yellow and amber light cuts through fog the best. I can't find the link so I can't find out if the source is creditable. Could be though. And, why not? It looks good.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
has anyone used the blue and have pics, I have indigo ink and wonder if the matching blue would be better than the yellow
I'm curious too. My girlfriend asked me last night why I didn't get blue. I didn't even think about it. Anybody got photos?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
TacoSox is on a distinguished road

Name: Diz
TacoSox's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the thread, C. This is a big help, cool of you to take the time.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSox View Post
Thanks for the thread, C. This is a big help, cool of you to take the time.
Sure thing man. Glad I could help.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #19
mmako220 is on a distinguished road

mmako220's Tacoma Gallery
Hey where did you get these covers? look really good!!