Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OTRATTW Help

Old 03-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
TravelinLight is on a distinguished road
Name: Hayes
TravelinLight's Tacoma Gallery
OTRATTW Help

I'm installing LED Fog Lights and I want to wire them to run with the 'anytime' mod so that they run with high and low beams but I also want to control them with a switch on the dash.

I'm installing Rigid backup lights that I want to run when in reverse but also with a switch on the dash.

PLEASE CONFIRM THAT I HAVE SELECTED THE CORRECT SWITCHES FROM OTRATTW. THANKS!

Old 03-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
ORTATTW is a very helpful and knowledgeable source, I recommend calling them .
Old 03-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
For the fogs you just need a SPST, wire it up like it came from the factory. Install the jumper under the hood and it will work with high and low and while they (the headlights) are off.

The reverse lights are another story .. if you are hooking the (AUX) lights up to the OEM backup light circuit AND want to add a switch you will need to install a diode down the line (towards the front of the truck, before the switch).

However if you are just going to install reverse lights on their own circuit that you control with a switch, again just use a SPST switch.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
So your fogs just need a rocker switch and body. So you can turn them on and off as you please so you are correct there. As for your reverse lights it will be the same switch but you will also have to tap into your wiring harness for reverse lights so they know to come on when in reverse then run it to the switch so once again you can turn them on and off as you please. You are on the correct course if I was reading your post correct.

Edit. Dammit large beat me.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
JJ
JJLuna is on a distinguished road

Army:
JJLuna's Tacoma Gallery
You can also try AirOnBoard.com if your looking for a stock OE type switch. They make them for both the left side and center console. They are perfect fit, not trimming required.
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW Help-image.jpg  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
deeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dana
deeez's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you need a diode for your reverse lights. I didn't use one. You need to run another hot circuit to the spdt switch though. Have the new "hot" circuit going to one of the two outputs and the reverse camera trigger circuit to the other. Then your reverse lights hook up to the common on the switch.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
deeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dana
deeez's Tacoma Gallery
correction: the common on your 3-way switch will be hooked up to trigger your aux reverse light relay. So when your switch is up or "on all the time" it'll be connected with the new hot wire and when your switch is down or "on when your in reverse" it'll be connected with the camera trigger wire that you tap. In the middle will be off, not connected to any circuit.
Your grounds of course will be connected to a ground.