1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

C4 Fab Hood Scoop Light on With High beams

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Therealwinshady, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Mar 20, 2015 at 3:13 PM
    Therealwinshady

Therealwinshady [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    5100's and 885's, AAL, fog light mod, map light mod, viper 5706, OR tow hook, inverter anytime mod, Firestone air bags, devil horns, hood scoop riged light bar, 32 inch bumper light bar,
    Hey,

I know there are threads about hooking up light bars to high beams I've done my searching, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/287237-wiring-led-lightbar-high-beams.html and more.

Here’s my question:

I want my C4 Fab’s hood scoop 10” light bar to come on with my high beams all the time no matter what position the switch is on, I’m only going to be using my high beams when there is no oncoming traffic or out in the bush. I would also like to be able just to turn on my light bar with the switch independent of the high beams.

So I’m assuming I would install the switch normally, I have no issues with that, that would operate it independent whether the truck was running, on low beams, on the anytime fog light mod, or if the truck was off.

How would I wire it to also ALWAYS turn on with my high beams? I'm no electrical genius, but I would assume a variation of what I'm looking at in the above link.

2. Apr 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    Therealwinshady

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    5100's and 885's, AAL, fog light mod, map light mod, viper 5706, OR tow hook, inverter anytime mod, Firestone air bags, devil horns, hood scoop riged light bar, 32 inch bumper light bar,
    Maybe someone can chime in here.

I have my relay run.
    Post 85 ground
    Post 87 going to light
    Post 30 from battery, fused, outgoing to switch
    Post 86 coming from switch

I also have a fuse tap which I'm trying to tap into the high beam to run to post 86

Here's my issue, when I throw the switch in the truck headlights on or not the light bar seems like it's feeding into the high beams as they come on as well.

My question is do I need to put some type of resistor inline between the relay and fuse tap so it doesn't feed back into the high beam circuit?

image.jpg

3. Apr 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    Therealwinshady

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    Maybe it's a diode? Don't want to waste my time if that's not the solution.

4. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM
    Therealwinshady

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    Hey thanks.

I went with the one relay, off my fuse tap I added a 3a diode so the current only flows one way and doesn't feed back.

Question.... See any issues with my way?

5. Apr 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM
    Therealwinshady

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    Yup, thats it. On with highbeams permanently or switchable on low or no headlights

6. Apr 5, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    Therealwinshady

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm assuming since I will be turning the high beams off way before any oncoming traffic I shouldn't have an issue with the 5-0. If i get pulled over it will be an easy reversal to appease them and hopefully go on my way with a warning.

Products Discussed in

To Top