1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions after Morimoto D2S Mini install with switchback LED's from TRS.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by JohnNP, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Mar 20, 2015 at 6:24 PM
    JohnNP

JohnNP [OP] ForeRunners Future Wife :)~

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport JBL
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    Hey everyone,
    I just got done doing a an HID retrofit with the Morimoto D2S projectors and Morimoto blasts and wiring harness purchased from The Retrofit Source here in ATL. Now I have a few questions regarding the wiring for the Halo (switchback LED) and with my DTRL's.

1. Where can I find an ignition switched 12V power source? Is there a switched 12V source on the H4 harness that I can use? If there is what wire color is it? Green/White/Brown

2. Which wire is the 12V Power for the Blinker?

3. Now that I've got everything installed for some reason my stock DTRL's no longer work. I switch it to the DTRL and no lights come on. I go one further notch up and the side and what were the DTRL's come on. I go to low beams an all lights come on. I haven't touched/spliced/etc anything to the wires. The Blinkers still work just fine. Thoughts????

Just incase it's important to answer any of the questions above. All purchased at the ATL store directly from TRSAndrew (who was awesome btw).
    2014 DCSB V6 4x4 Sport
    Morimoto D2S Mini Projectors
    Morimoto 9003/H4: MotoControl Bi-Xenon wiring harness
    Morimoto D2S 55W Ballasts
    Morimoto D2S Igniter
    Morimoto D2S:XB Bulbs
    Morimoto XSB LED Halos 110mm in an Apollo 3.0 Shroud
    Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Mar 20, 2015 at 6:47 PM
    TRSJimmy

TRSJimmy All I Do Is Nguyen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mall Crawlin Peerunner
    In for outcome. Does 110mm size halo work with Apollo 3.0?

3. Mar 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    It is "slightly" offset but it works, the 100 is what is listed as what you should get but Andrew pulled it out of the box and we tried it there in the store to see that it would be alright. Let me see if I can find a photo for you :)

4. Mar 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    TRSJimmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    I have 100mm in mine and it works. Would love to see what these new switchback looks like behind apollo 3! Mine is coming in next week or so!

5. Mar 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Thats what the backside looks like non illuminated. LOL. As soon as someone tells me where I can find an Ignition Switched 12V source and which wire is for the blinker Im going to hook it up and then I can show you what they look like with the Apollo 3.0. :) The Halo is JB Welded in there with the shroud then attached with wire instead of epoxy to the shroud.

6. Mar 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    TRSJimmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Interesting way to attach shroud to projectors. Anyways, did you buy their Xchange switchback drivers?

7. Mar 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I figure if the Halo ever quits I want to be able to get off that shroud easy, can't get much easier than clipping some wire and then pop off it comes. I couldn't imagine having to fight the epoxy on the shrouds and this way I don't have to worry about it getting on my lens or dripping, etc.

No you don't have to buy the Xchange switchback drivers separate, it comes with a set of XChange driver Voltage regulators that will clip into the Halos. I'll try to take some photos of that tomorrow as well.

8. Mar 20, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    TRSJimmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    I used jb weld and its actually pretty easy to take the shrouds off. Just flex it!

After some research, I see how everything works with and without the Xchange module. I'm sure Andrew will chime in and help us out

9. Mar 21, 2015 at 7:41 AM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Bump for answers :)

10. Mar 21, 2015 at 5:19 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Miraculously my DTRL's now work without me doing anything extra and I found an ignition switch in the cab, just switched out the IGN fuse for an "add" a fuse. Still trying to figure out if the other wire would have been better for the blinker.

Do the DTRL's and the Blinkers run off of the same wire. I tapped the Yellow on the drivers and the light blue on the passengers side. The blinkers work and the halos blink and turn orange but if I switch now to the DTRL switch on the light nob in the cab the halos stay on solid and change to orange which TRS says is bad/don't do it. Any thoughts???

11. Jul 31, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    KAKAWW

KAKAWW New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma double cab
    K&N intake Performance exhaust Ready Lift Amp Research Power Steps
    Can any of you guys post a pic of the back of you headlight? I just put in TRS FXR 3.0 with XaLed Halo and I'm just trying to figure out the best way to seal the headlight.

12. Jul 31, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    TRSJimmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    The back of my reflectors are different than yours. I didn't have to cut a hole; Mini D2S.

I used TRS' retrorubber to seal my headlights. Highly recommend!

13. Jul 31, 2017 at 9:03 PM
    Guns 'n Tacos

Guns 'n Tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I'm in the same boat, I don't know where to hook my DTRL harness up to.

Products Discussed in

To Top