Notices

Light bar probz

Old 03-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Alament92 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT, 911 Dispatcher
Name: Austin
Alament92's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar probz

So I was mocking it up tonight just to see it shine, and as I was holding the positive and negatives to the battery terminals, the light bar wouldn't come on. It would occasionally flicker on one part of it but would never fully come on. Not sure if it was just the way I was touching the terminals or what but I spent like 20 min moving them around trying to get a good connection and it never happened. Am I supposed to mount these power connections somewhere else? Do you think my battery could just be bad? I also run 55w HID'S for headlights but I doubt that would be stealing all the power right? Any other ideas?*
Old 03-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

The switch illuminates like there is power going to it and everything. Standard switch and harness from avec on an avec light bar
Old 03-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
boogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Brian
boogie3478's Tacoma Gallery
Have you contacted Avec about this? Sounds like a typical China bar to me.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #4

Yea I sent him a message, but that was like 30 min ago. No response yet. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #5

Anyone?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #6
AkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedAkRyan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
AkRyan's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck starts and run, your battery is powerful enough to run a few watts of an LED bar. You should easily be able to run 55w headlights, a 50 inch light bar, 55w fog lights, 30 inch lightbar, 20 inch light bar, etc. Light bars don't draw that many watts.

Make sure you have your relay with inline fuse hooked up and not just touching the positive and negative wires of your LED bar to the battery terminals.

Hook it up correctly and test it with a switch. If still doesn't work, most likely a bad relay. Replace it. If that doesn't work then it's a bad lightbar, contact company.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #7

Had everything hooked up. Power to power and ground to ground. Had power to the switch, and I could hear the relay clicking on when I flick the switch. Occasionally I would get a flicker on part of the light bar. Trying to contact avec to start with a new harness to see if that's the issue, if not it might just be the light bar
Old 03-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
mikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
mikevee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie3478 View Post
Have you contacted Avec about this? Sounds like a typical China bar to me.
lol
Old 03-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I see this a lot, and 90% of the time it's wrong installation or a loose wire. Check everything again, and make sure the relay and switch is hooked up right.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried to connect it directly to the batter terminals to see if that works?

Also there is nothing funny about this thread so please treat it as a serious issue.

2 companies that have sold LED products in the past are basically non existent anymore because of whatever reasons.

Jasperoffroad.com
Blitzpro.com

Both companies I have purchased lights from and people like myself had issues with that went untreated and seemed as if they didn't care about the customer.

So instead of "LOL" in this thread where the OP clearly is having a problem, offer a solution.

you dont want your company to disappear like the others now do you?

You arent really making a good name for yourself here at TW so far with the mud flaps thread as well.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #11
Rattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Frank
Rattletrap66's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check your fuse from the lightbar to the relay?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #12
mikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikevee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mikevee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Have you tried to connect it directly to the batter terminals to see if that works?

Also there is nothing funny about this thread so please treat it as a serious issue.

2 companies that have sold LED products in the past are basically non existent anymore because of whatever reasons.

Jasperoffroad.com
Blitzpro.com

Both companies I have purchased lights from and people like myself had issues with that went untreated and seemed as if they didn't care about the customer.

So instead of "LOL" in this thread where the OP clearly is having a problem, offer a solution.

you dont want your company to disappear like the others now do you?

You arent really making a good name for yourself here at TW so far with the mud flaps thread as well.
OP and I are handling this VIA pm right now. Thank you for your concern of the company disappearing. The lol was to the China statement.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #13
Toyota Veteran
Stubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Warheads On Foreheads
Name: Blake
Stubbs07Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well this sucks to hear, I was planning on ordering some light bars but guess not now
Old 03-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #14
Rattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattletrap66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Frank
Rattletrap66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs07Tacoma View Post
well this sucks to hear, I was planning on ordering some light bars but guess not now
Why is that?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #15
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevee View Post
OP and I are handling this VIA pm right now. Thank you for your concern of the company disappearing. The lol was to the China statement.
Public solutions in open forums are good PR.

LOL at comments are not.

If this is a serious business for you I would hope you would treat as such.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
Toyota Veteran
Stubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Warheads On Foreheads
Name: Blake
Stubbs07Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattletrap66 View Post
Why is that?
That the OP had problems with his light bars, I might just have to bite the bullet and get the rigid bar
Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #18
mikevee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Public solutions in open forums are good PR.

LOL at comments are not.

If this is a serious business for you I would hope you would treat as such.
Thanks, sorry you got hosed by those companies.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #19

Yea I've gone through and everything looks to be hooked up right, no loose wires anywhere. The wiring harness comes all put together via connectors so they are plug and play after hooking up power and ground, and that's exactly what I have done. I am no means trying to put avec on blast or anything like that. Mikevee has been very helpful through this and as for not ordering light bars from them, don't base one instance out of hundreds of other members on here running the avec bars with no issues. It truly is a solid light bar and harness, I think mine just may be faulty. Otherwise, great company and customer service so far
Old 03-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #20

Also, fuse does look good. Thanks