1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colormorph Halo conversion

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jaws24, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Mar 30, 2015 at 9:13 AM
    Jaws24

Jaws24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Crivitz, Wi
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 07 Trd Off-Road
    5100 Bilsteins with Eibach coils set at .85, RBP cold air intake, DT headers, URD comp, Y-pipe, flow master muffler, Body Armour 4x4 rear bumper, Spec D halos with OLB Cree LED headlight bulbs (hi and low), OPT7 50" LED lightbar with SoCal Supertrucks roof mount, IPCW LED taillights, Kenwood GPS headunit, Alpine Type R speakers, MTX Jackhammer subs, Always on 12V outlets, illuminated 4x4 switch, custom AC outlets in backseats, LED interior lights, and illuminated cup holder mod.
    Not to sure if anyone has done this before but, has anyone ever tried putting the colormorph LED halo rings in a set of spec d halos (see below for the ones that are on my truck). I know that you can buy the LED rings by certain size, but I'm not sure what size the of rings I will need. Any help will be appreciated, but if no one has done it before, I will just jump in feet first and try to make it work.

image13627.jpg

2. Mar 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    TRSAndrew

TRSAndrew Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R Sport 6V7
    You would need to measure those rings--another manufacturer or supplier who doesn't sell those headlights will never know what size rings they use. Hell generally the manufacturer themselves generally don't know.

3. Mar 30, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    Jaws24

Jaws24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Crivitz, Wi
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 07 Trd Off-Road
    5100 Bilsteins with Eibach coils set at .85, RBP cold air intake, DT headers, URD comp, Y-pipe, flow master muffler, Body Armour 4x4 rear bumper, Spec D halos with OLB Cree LED headlight bulbs (hi and low), OPT7 50" LED lightbar with SoCal Supertrucks roof mount, IPCW LED taillights, Kenwood GPS headunit, Alpine Type R speakers, MTX Jackhammer subs, Always on 12V outlets, illuminated 4x4 switch, custom AC outlets in backseats, LED interior lights, and illuminated cup holder mod.
    That's what my plan is so far. Just wanted to know if anyone has done it since I know other guys on here that have the same headlights. My next problem is now do I really want to go through the hassle of dealing with the company to send me the stuff or should I just fork out the cash for a retrofit build????

4. Mar 31, 2015 at 12:06 PM
    Fernridge

Fernridge Fernridge Fabrication and Designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 ext cab
    3" leveling kit, custom roof rack,custom headache rack and bedtop protection
    How are you liking those Spec-Ds so far? I am looking to get a pair here soon.

5. Mar 31, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    TRSJimmy

TRSJimmy All I Do Is Nguyen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mall Crawlin Peerunner
    :cool:

6. Apr 1, 2015 at 6:54 AM
    Jaws24

Jaws24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Crivitz, Wi
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 07 Trd Off-Road
    Honestly, I liked them at first, but who doesn't love a set of halos on their truck. Now, I am not a huge fan of them. The light output sucks. If you are using only your headlights while night driving, I would not recommend getting them. The light output was decent after I put LED headlight bulbs in them.

7. Apr 1, 2015 at 7:21 AM
    Fernridge

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 ext cab
    Just one of the lights is a projector right, and just a halogen?
    Since you can see them in person, do you think you could do a retrofit to them and fit in an HID projector?

8. Apr 1, 2015 at 3:51 PM
    Jaws24

Jaws24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Crivitz, Wi
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 07 Trd Off-Road
    Correct, but I think you could, it would just take a lot of time, money, and effort. Once summer time rolls around and I have a lot of time on my hands, I'm gonna try doing a retro fit project with them, but if it doesn't work I'm just gonna by a different set.

9. Apr 2, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    Fernridge

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 ext cab
    Post up on here if you decide to retro them, That is what I am interested in depending on the amount of work it takes. Then again I need to still figure out how I am going to get the 2nd gen lights mounted on my first gen still :spy:

10. Sep 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    Fernridge

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 ext cab
    Any word on the retro Joe?

Products Discussed in

To Top