Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lights inside grill

Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
vicky is on a distinguished road

Name: Vicky
vicky's Tacoma Gallery
Lights inside grill

I am not sure if there is a post on this yet.. I am going to add a custom grill to my taco and want to put two lights inside the grill and not a light bar. Kinda there but not there.. Does any one know of any kits for this?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Like this?

Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #5

vicky's Tacoma Gallery
Yes..Yes..Yes!! love that look it is so nice and clean.. Do tell your dirty little secrete.. on how you did it and where you got you stuff..
Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky View Post
Yes..Yes..Yes!! love that look it is so nice and clean.. Do tell your dirty little secrete.. on how you did it and where you got you stuff..
It depends on if you do it with a Grillcraft and flush with the grille surround, or if it's deep-set like mine. The only way I have seen it done with a deep set one is using the top support of the radiator (I believe it's the radiator), using some pre-drilled holes or drilling your own.

The flush version with the Grillcraft I believe requires you to mount them to the bottom of the grille surround with aluminum. If any of this is incorrect, someone please correct me Good luck!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #8

vicky's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you so much. Love the way it looks on your truck..
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Thanks, I am looking for an old-style Toyota badge for it now...$70 is kinda steep!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #12
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap, someone dug deep for that one
Old 11-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #13
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob33 View Post
Holy crap, someone dug deep for that one
x2. at least a guy with 2 post nows how to search. un like some people.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
Thanks, I am looking for an old-style Toyota badge for it now...$70 is kinda steep!
Like the one in my sig pic?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #15
TRDSilverBullet will become famous soon enoughTRDSilverBullet will become famous soon enough
Name: Chase
TRDSilverBullet's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=fghtngsquirrel;791916]Like this?

How did u put them on the back of the griil???
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a picute of what mine looks like installed. The lights are Hella 500 Black Magic.

Buy yourself one of these light brackets:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

They are not cheap, and I hesitated to buy one at first, but after installing it I can tell you it's worth twice the money. Solid, well thought out engineering and when the lights are installed they are solid as a rock.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Double revived. Elusive elements doesn't make them any more, BAMF (bay area metal fabrication) makes them now, same design.