Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Swap 98-00 headlights into a 97?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
phidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sam
phidauex's Tacoma Gallery
Swap 98-00 headlights into a 97?

Hi all,

I've got a '97 with the sealed beam headlights. I know there are sealed-beam to H4 conversions out there, but for a more stock look, I was wondering what would be involved in changing the headlights out for a set from a 98-00 Tacoma, which I can surely find very cheap around here.

The body is the same around there, with only minor differences, so I figure it should fit without too much craziness, though I'm not sure if there are different mounting points, things that would need trimming, different headlight plugs, etc.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i'm getting ready to pick-up a 97 4x4 and was wonder the same thing, i found a tread on another forum where a guy was wanting to swap for the 01-04 grill and lights and someone told him to do 98-00 instead because it would be a straight swap since the mounting holes were the same, but there was no other talk of it. from the looks of things it appears to be possible- let me know if you find any info or try it!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
have to change the grill, filler pannles, ans raidator support to get it to work
Old 09-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
by filler panels you mean the little piece that goes under the headlight?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
yes